Anybody going to apply?

Tinpotflowers

Anybody going to apply?

Post by Tinpotflowers »

https://www.cyclinguk.org/press-release ... steps-down

Cycling UK Chief Executive Paul Tuohy steps down
Cycling UK’s Chief Executive, Paul Tuohy is stepping down after five years in the role.
Paul has been a driving force behind a major rebrand of the organisation from the CTC to Cycling UK in 2016 and is credited with transforming the charity into a progressive, fearless campaigner for cyclists’ rights.
The change of name came four years after the organisation became a charity and reflected its wider work inspiring more people to cycle and campaigning to make cycling safer for everyone.
Chair of the Board of Trustees, Dan Howard said: “I’d like to thank Paul for his work and leadership over the last five years. During that time Paul has worked to support the modernisation of the organisation, fostered new relationships with Government and supported more people to enjoy the joy of cycling through programmes such Big Bike Revival.
“It’s an exciting time for Cycling UK as we look to deliver our five-year strategy and help get millions more people to cycle. The Board will start their search for the next CEO shortly.”
It’s been a tremendous honour to lead Cycling UK through such exciting times, but time is right to hand over the baton, or water bottle and to make way for someone new to drive forward our ambitious five-year strategy to inspire millions more people to cycle.
Paul Tuohy
Paul said: “It’s been a tremendous honour to lead Cycling UK through such exciting times, but time is right to hand over the baton, or water bottle and to make way for someone new to drive forward our ambitious five-year strategy to inspire millions more people to cycle.”
Paul has broadened the reach of the organisation to appeal to cyclists of all abilities and interests, positioning the charity as a ‘critical friend’ to Government, making the case for more funding and mobilising the cycling movement as a powerful voice.
Under his leadership, the charity has launched a number of hard-hitting and award-winning campaigns, including Trails for Wales, Too Close for Comfort, Teach the Reach and the launch of the Great North Trail, an 800-mile off-road route from the Pennines to the northerly tips of mainland Scotland.
The Board will be shortly appointing an interim CEO while they conduct a search for a permanent replacement.
Bazza55

Re: Anybody going to apply?

Post by Bazza55 »

Reading through this, one crucial word has been missed by both Dan Howard and Paul Tuohy and that word is "Members". Other than Paul Tuohy claiming he "increased the membership" which is questionable, members or membership is missing and there lies the problem.
Bye Paul, shut the door on your way out.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I think @ mjr was closest
Mr Tuohy spent 4 or 5 years in his last two posts, and joined CTC in 2014,

It doesn’t come as a surprise his Twitter feed, apart from holidays, has been very lacklustre for a couple of years.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

“Cycling UK’s Chief Executive, Paul Tuohy is stepping down after five years in the role.
Paul has been a driving force behind a major rebrand of the organisation from the CTC to Cycling UK in 2016 and is credited with transforming the charity into a progressive, fearless campaigner for cyclists’ rights.”

I can’t say that I’m thankful to him for us no longer being CTC and would gladly return to those still quite inclusive roots. When he’s gone can we return to what we were, please. Perhaps we’ll get technical officer back then too.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
roger

Post by roger »

We could have a Touring Officer as well. Richard Hallett has his contribution limited by only writing bimonthly. I believe that the facility of contacting CUK by phone or mail and receiving a quick response is needed .