Cycling UK Interim CEO

Paulatic

Re: Cycling UK Interim CEO

Post by Paulatic »

thirdcrank wrote:
Paulatic wrote:The CEO of CUK doesn’t need to have extensive knowledge of cycling. Sarah Mitchell admits to not being able to mend a puncture.
Her expertise appears to be about obtaining funding for charities.

Perhaps it would be evidence that cUK was achieving its charitable aims if they were able to convince her of the benefits of cycling so that she became a committed cyclist.

She is a regular London cycle commuter and her brother also cycles living in Manchester. He works for CooPDigital and rides a 1980s Falcon frame single speed bike. (All that info from a single twitter search)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

If a lovechild of Chris Boardman and Victoria Pendleton (for example...) had been appointed, I suspect that the appointment would still have been criticised/questioned. :D
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Paulatic wrote: ... She is a regular London cycle commuter and her brother also cycles living in Manchester. He works for CooPDigital and rides a 1980s Falcon frame single speed bike. (All that info from a single twitter search)

I wouldn't know where to start on twitter so thanks for that. (If the bit in italics is intended as a dig, I feel I do my fair share of researching the internet to find stuff people are asking about.)
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

thirdcrank wrote:
Paulatic wrote: ... She is a regular London cycle commuter and her brother also cycles living in Manchester. He works for CooPDigital and rides a 1980s Falcon frame single speed bike. (All that info from a single twitter search)

I wouldn't know where to start on twitter so thanks for that. (If the bit in italics is intended as a dig, I feel I do my fair share of researching the internet to find stuff people are asking about.)

Not meant as a dig TC I put it in italics to point out I don’t know them and I haven’t spent hours researching her. I wanted to state my source and that yes there might be a lot more info out there but I’m not bothered enough to put the time in.

E2E info
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mr Tuohy left part way through the five-year plan, so Ms Mitchell has to pick that up

Why do charity leaders move on so frequently?

Reminds one of politicians, they do get five years, in theory, if they are lucky
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
RickH

Post by RickH »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Mr Tuohy left part way through the five-year plan, so Ms Mitchell has to pick that up

Why do charity leaders move on so frequently?

Reminds one of politicians, they do get five years, in theory, if they are lucky

People move on these days. I remember reading an article a while ago about big IT projects & the importance of planning for staff changes as the average time for a manager to remain in post was something like 18 months.

Sarah tweeted today that it was her first cycle commute in 6 months

Screenshot_20201019-134241.png
(link)

Personally I wish her well in her new role. :D
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Plus One for female leaders
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
PH

Post by PH »

I think they've made a mistake to give the job to someone without mudguards.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Also a uni-pannierist! Don’t tell TC.... Good luck to her, will be good to see if direction changes or whether she is just focused on survival as is the case for most charities.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

PH wrote:I think they've made a mistake to give the job to someone without mudguards.

It was the bike in the background that worried me. Clearly visible in the original picture( not on here) covered in rust probably spending a lot of time outdoors.

E2E info
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

geocycle wrote:Also a uni-pannierist! Don’t tell TC.... Good luck to her, will be good to see if direction changes or whether she is just focused on survival as is the case for most charities.

Not guilty. IIRC that was Lawrie9 probably playing forum cricket
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

geocycle wrote:Also a uni-pannierist! Don’t tell TC.... Good luck to her, will be good to see if direction changes or whether she is just focused on survival as is the case for most charities.

Ortlieb, probably the other one got nicked. Best to use cheapos for such purposes I think?