Have you done the CTC Holidays and Tours Survey?

Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

We want your views on cycling tours
We know that cycling holidays are very important for many of our members, whether day tours or longer trips in the UK or abroad. To better understand the market, we are looking for members to complete a survey to give their views. You don’t need to have been on a cycling holiday before to take part and you will be given the chance to enter a prize draw to win £200 cash. If you have any questions, please contact Gideon Barker at gideon@profundo.co.uk.
Link to the surrey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JGB87LN

What are your views on the questions?
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Jdsk

Re: Have you done the CTC Holidays and Tours Survey?

Post by Jdsk »

Is that a genuine survey from Cycling UK?

Edited: Now found it in Cycleclips: genuine.

Thanks

Jonathan
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Philip Benstead wrote:we are looking for members to complete a survey to give their views

Anyone can fill it in it doesn’t require membership. :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
dinnydom

Post by dinnydom »

Wonder if this survey is possibly related to the fact that several experienced tour leaders have recently ceased running cycle uk holidays and instead set up their own independent website bikexplore.co.uk.It would seem that the skill and experience needed to lead a cycling tour is not appreciated by the trustees .Not a core skill I suppose .
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I gave-up as it became more apparent as you go through more questions that they don't understand touring by yourself or touring self organised. I was increasingly having to enter text in the "other" box.

Ian
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Psamathe wrote:I gave-up as it became more apparent as you go through more questions that they don't understand touring by yourself or touring self organised. I was increasingly having to enter text in the "other" box.

Ian

Er... it's a survey aimed at people who might be interested in going on an organised group tour, coming from a provider of organised group tours. What would you expect it to ask you about?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

AndyK wrote:
Psamathe wrote:I gave-up as it became more apparent as you go through more questions that they don't understand touring by yourself or touring self organised. I was increasingly having to enter text in the "other" box.

Ian

Er... it's a survey aimed at people who might be interested in going on an organised group tour, coming from a provider of organised group tours. What would you expect it to ask you about?

Does not say that, just those going on "cycling holiday or tour". I go on cycle tours and wasted time because they hadn't bothered so specify they were only interested in a specific limited subset of those who go on cycle holidays and cycle tours. If they can't even identify who they want to take the questionnaire clearly I would question many other aspects.

Ian