How many media officers does it take....

Tangled Metal

Re: How many media officers does it take....

Post by Tangled Metal »

Nobody has discussed whether the jobs are ft or pt. Nor discussed worklo of said employees. No idea what they do is probably the car among most of us commenting on here about those ppls work. Perhaps it's more about CUK 's management that you have issue with not the workers whose job you're kind of having a go at.

Personally I'd prefer to find out what they actually do before making the decision that they're not needed. Perhaps JDSK our resident research information source could link to something so we can get some information to make such a decision on. Perhaps a job description might do it.
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

The job descriptions for two of the roles advertised last year are easily found and linked through these pages

https://www.cyclinguk.org/announcement/ ... -officer-0
https://www.cyclinguk.org/announcement/ ... ia-officer

The two roles complement each other and were advertised at the same time.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

KTHSullivan wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 1:07pm Despite the surfeit of media and communications officers not one has bothered to reply to my e-mail asking CUK's opinion on the closure of the Humber Bridge to cyclists and pedestrians. The e-mail was sent on the 5th April 2021 at 15:36. I did however get the statutory automated reply indicating that I would receive an answer within 48 hours. I have since seen the letter written to the HBB generated by CUK that has been promulgated via this forum (and other sources). Nevertheless a reply to a paid up member would have been at the very least courteous but obviously the members are now a secondary consideration. So bang goes another salary provider.
Back in the days I was a member CTC were terrible at replying to e-mails (they didn't) - not even when volunteering and offering help. Nothing changed then.

Ian
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

ncutler wrote: 27 Mar 2021, 8:35am And incidentally all the work on this forum is performed ( happily ) by unpaid volunteers.
...................and they cannot then be accused of bringing charity setups into disrepute..............
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Psamathe wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 1:49pm
KTHSullivan wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 1:07pm Despite the surfeit of media and communications officers not one has bothered to reply to my e-mail asking CUK's opinion on the closure of the Humber Bridge to cyclists and pedestrians. The e-mail was sent on the 5th April 2021 at 15:36. I did however get the statutory automated reply indicating that I would receive an answer within 48 hours. I have since seen the letter written to the HBB generated by CUK that has been promulgated via this forum (and other sources). Nevertheless a reply to a paid up member would have been at the very least courteous but obviously the members are now a secondary consideration. So bang goes another salary provider.
Back in the days I was a member CTC were terrible at replying to e-mails (they didn't) - not even when volunteering and offering help. Nothing changed then.

Ian
I’ve noticed that business/companies/charities are terrible at replying (if at all) to e-mail but place something on Instagram or Twitter and the reply is far quicker. They valorise social media over other forms of communication.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
gaz

Post by gaz »

KTHSullivan wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 1:07pmDespite the surfeit of media and communications officers not one has bothered to reply to my e-mail asking CUK's opinion on the closure of the Humber Bridge to cyclists and pedestrians. ...
At least one of them was busy composing the piece for the website where the whole world can read Cycling UK's view on the matter.

https://www.cyclinguk.org/news/cycling- ... edestrians

https://www.cyclinguk.org/news/humber-b ... -questions

The fact that they haven't found time to answer your email as well is simply evidence that there's not enough media and comms officers at Cycling UK to handle the workload :wink: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

As part of a recruitment drive, we are looking to recruit a Senior Communications Officer to manage a future recruitment drive to recruit four Junior Communications Officers, who will be in charge of day-to-day recruitment of Communications Officers.
If you want to recruit the recruits that recruit the new recruits, we want to recruit you.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Or rather
If you are passionate ...
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

This is all a far cry from "......this great family of ours........", discussing the route home over countless cups of tea, and discussing Chris Juden's advice on the latest invention for making cycling more expensive. Dear me!
mjr

Post by mjr »

KTHSullivan wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 1:07pm [...] get the statutory automated reply [...]
What statute, please?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.