CTC on Facebook

mrsbloomsburybarton

CTC on Facebook

Post by mrsbloomsburybarton »

The latest CTC email newsletter says 'join us on Facebook'. I am fairly new to Facebook so may be missing something obvious here but if I click the link it just takes me to my Facebook home page. If I search CTC under groups there are 500 results and none of the first ones are THE ctc. Please help. Thanks
...to help all, especially young people of limited means, to a greater knowledge, love and care of the countryside, particularly by providing parking spaces for their 4x4s!!
mrsbloomsburybarton

Re: CTC on Facebook

Post by mrsbloomsburybarton »

Thanks, that's it. I'm now a fan. I felt a bit put out by having to be just a fan, I'm more than that, I'm a member!! So what do I get (and give!) there that doesn't happen on this forum or on the CTC website?

A friend of mine has pages for all their pets. Has anybody's bike got its own page? Maybe your bike could become friends with mine :lol:
...to help all, especially young people of limited means, to a greater knowledge, love and care of the countryside, particularly by providing parking spaces for their 4x4s!!
piedwagtail91

Post by piedwagtail91 »

:D
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Personally I would not touch FaceBook with a bargepole.

The fact that they find this sort of thing acceptable is enough for me to treat them with contempt
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

Cunobelin wrote:Personally I would not touch FaceBook with a bargepole.

The fact that they find this sort of thing acceptable is enough for me to treat them with contempt

I'm not a facebook fan (don't quite understand it actually) but if it's what floats your boat .....

I'm sure the CTC powers that be are just trying to attach the CTC flag to any means of promoting the organisation and attracting a few more members
Retired and loving it
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

I find the lack of censorship refreshing. There are idiots the world over, I'd much rather see who they are, where they are and what they're saying.
To the end of the road - My JOGLE '12 blog
Self financed and raising money for Children In Need with Just Giving
@2TheEndOTheRoad
Nutsey

Post by Nutsey »

I wouldn't recommend 'liking' anything on facebook. Just gets you spammed with adds.

And as for policing expression on the internet - LOL!
woldsman

Post by woldsman »

Must agree, had an account once and kept getting allsorts of requests from people I didn't no , then my posts would just disappear .
Kiltie12

Post by Kiltie12 »

As I always say "Horses for courses" Not everyone likes facebook but all my family and friends are on it, and it's good to keep up with what is happening :)
As for advertising spam. There isn't very much and you can allow only what you want, and if you don't know anyone you can ignore them......so simple to use.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Nothing technical defeats me but I couldn't understand it. It seems to be for students or schoolkids who have only one circle of friends. I think its useless. The CTC should spend our subs on something more useful

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Kiltie12

Post by Kiltie12 »

al_yrpal wrote:. The CTC should spend our subs on something more useful

Al

You don't pay for facebook Al, and it's not all kids either.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Kiltie12 wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:. The CTC should spend our subs on something more useful

Al

You don't pay for facebook Al, and it's not all kids either.

Yes, but someone from CTC has to maintain it, they are paid, and they should be doing something more useful than grandstanding to all and sundry that they have broken a toenail. The present e newsletters are ok and you can always email suggestions without facebook. Scattergun communications just fills the world (further) with useless drivel. The only adults who use it that I know are the ones with mobiles permanently clamped to their ears. One wonders how they find the time for such a useless occupation.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Kiltie12

Post by Kiltie12 »

Al[/quote]

The only adults who use it that I know are the ones with mobiles permanently clamped to their ears. One wonders how they find the time for such a useless occupation.

Al[/quote]

I am in stitches here visualising me with my phone strapped to me ear.the size of mine I would fall over :lol: :wink:
As for me , sometimes I have nothing better to do as I am disabled and find it a bit hard to motivate myself especially when I used to race and do 50 miles a day, sometimes frustration creeps in. I find my friends help to motivate me, so, for some who are in a similar way prevented in doing what they would love to, facebook can be a Godsend.
cranky1

Post by cranky1 »

I've had a look at the ctc Facebook page and it is being used as many of the sites - if not all of them really - as a bit of free advertising, it's about attracting new members by telling people what it's all about, the problem seems to be that it isn't being maintained. It would be good if members could upload photos and comments by being allowed to join the group as friends.

Our small member group has a facebook page which we use to keep in touch, it's an open site with a view to attracting new members, but hasn't - never mind eh!
Be carefull out there.