Who should be the CTC Chief Executive

The Mechanic

Re: Who should be the CTC Chief Executive

Post by The Mechanic »

I find it disconcerting that KM has driven us into this Charity thing and then bailed out before it has even got of the ground.
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
PW

Post by PW »

You are not alone! :evil:
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The Mechanic wrote:... KM has driven us into this Charity thing and then bailed out before it has even got of the ground.

We don't even know which analogy to use. :oops: It it a all a hot air baloon or an unsinkable liner heading for an iceberg? Nobody seems to have mentioned a well-drilled racing team with a top directeur sportif guiding everybody. :wink:
The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic »

Maybe it would be appropriate to put the Charity thing on hold pending the installation of the new C/E. Given that KM was a driving force it could be that the new person may have other ideas. However, if we get someone with a charity background, then we are indeed doomed.
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

The Mechanic wrote:Maybe it would be appropriate to put the Charity thing on hold pending the installation of the new C/E. Given that KM was a driving force it could be that the new person may have other ideas. However, if we get someone with a charity background, then we are indeed doomed.

The worst thing would be that we get someone with a charity background who is not very good.

As I pointed out upthread, the recruitment pack/process has had adverse comment from those in the charitable sector...
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

I wonder if anyone who is applying to be Chief Executive will get to see to see the letter from the Charity Commission rejecting CTC's application for registrtion? Anyone going for the job who doesn't find out will soon discover they've been landed with a pup.

For some reason, all members of Council (who are the board of directors of CTC) still haven't been given a copy, which does make one wonder what National Office and the Chairman are so worried about...
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Tried following the Save the CTC website link in the last 2 posts and got

www.savethectc.org.uk is unavailable or may not exist
johnb

Post by johnb »

Grandad wrote:Tried following the Save the CTC website link in the last 2 posts and got

Cause its doomed!!!!!!!!!! ( the CTC that is)
The lead Greyhound never has to look at another Greyhounds derrière.
Steady rider

Post by Steady rider »

A top engineer to address all the technical aspects cycling faces, road and cyclepath designs, value for money projects, safety and risk assessments.
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

Grandad wrote:Tried following the Save the CTC website link in the last 2 posts and got

Sorry - the web-site's off line at the moment.
scottmac

Post by scottmac »

Can we have someone who is not worried about making a few enemies and actually rides a bike?

The law needs to be changed regarding cyclists getting knocked off their bikes due to other irresponsible road users.
We don't need another limpwristed handshaking, potential MP inthemaking fool to appear on the news for a quick ten second soundbite on the potential good for the economy/health/planet cycling can bring.

I'm fed up everytime I go out on my bike, some dimwit buttock on four wheels nearly kills me!

I lived in France for a few years and never got any hassle from other road users, so why do I have to put up with it in Blighty?

The CTC is all about encouraging people to get on their bikes, but if I had kids I wouldn't let them on the roads. :(
scottmac

Post by scottmac »

eileithyia wrote:Boris

Re. Boris

If he did as much cycling as he talks about doing, why is he so fat?

Just another suit who shakes hands... :roll:
Si

Post by Si »

Re. Boris

If he did as much cycling as he talks about doing, why is he so fat?

Probably because he is a utility cyclist rather than a long distance tourer or sports cyclist, and he goes to quite a lot of slap up noshes with his wealthy friends and acquaintances, and he enjoys his food and beer (not to mention the fact that now he's mayor and a figure of hatred for many, he probably has had to cut back on cycling a bit due to lack of time* and perceived safety issues).

* politically he's not my cup of tea, but I do believe that he does throw himself into his work even if that work is not what we as cyclists might appreciate.

No reason why you can't be well endowed and be a cyclist if we think of real cycling (ie day to day transport rather than playing with expensive toys). Personally I think it's good to see people of all shapes and sizes on bikes - give inspiration to others to have a go.
David Cox

Post by David Cox »

No particular brief for Boris but he does genuinely use his bike for transport. Colleagues at East London Primary Care Trust were looking out for his limo when he appeared coming the other way on his bike. He'd taken the wrong exit on a big roundabout just like I did a few weeks later and had to work his way back.
Si

Post by Si »

announcement of who the new CE is is linked in new thread on the subject: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60021