Proxy wanted

belgiangoth

Proxy wanted

Post by belgiangoth »

volunteers?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
meic

Re: Proxy wanted

Post by meic »

The Chairman has already quite publicly volunteered to be your proxy and preferably with the power to make your mind up for you on how to vote.
What more could you need? :wink:
Yma o Hyd
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

belgiangoth wrote:volunteers?

I am proposing some motions at CTC AGM and hence will be attending

I am prepared to act as proxy whatever their view

Philip Benstead
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

I can second Philip as a reliable proxy. I'd trust him with my votes.
Karen Sutton

Post by Karen Sutton »

I've put Philip down as my proxy, as have other family members and friends.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Ta phil!

(nb - I think it's bad practice to put your email up like that on the web, invites spam)
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
CTC London

CTC AGM 2012 Proxy - A Willing Volunteer

Post by CTC London »

Re: CTC AGM 2012 Proxy - A Willing Volunteer

YOU DO NOT NEED TO ASK MY PERMISSION TO MAKE ME YOUR PROXY , PLEASE READ BELOW

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=5028

WHAT TO DO

Proxy Voting
Complete the voting form today!

Quick information on proxy voting.

Proxy Forms and full details of how to vote are sent to all members in the April / May issue of Cycle magazine. Proxy forms are personalised and will be declared invalid if they are amended in any way, so if there is a mistake with your Proxy Form, or you make a mistake filling it in and require a replacement, contact the CTC Operations Director, Carol McKinley, at CTC National Office (carol.mckinley@ctc.org.uk, 01483 238 304) for a new form.

Proxy Forms for the 2011 AGM must be received by Electoral Reform Services no later than 12:30pm on Thursday 12th May 2011. A Freepost envelope was enclosed with the Proxy Form in the magazine.

Further details and background to proxy voting are set out below.

Proxy voting - the full story
Members will recall that because of changes to company law, proxy voting – appointing someone else to vote on your behalf at the AGM – was introduced by CTC for the 2008 AGM. Amendments to CTC’s constitution reflecting this were put to the 2009 AGM and agreed.

What does proxy voting mean? That if you are unable to attend the AGM, you can vote on all motions by appointing someone who will be at the meeting to vote on your behalf. If you do not know anyone who will be going to the AGM, it is common to appoint the Chair of the meeting as your proxy. Whoever you appoint, you can either give them discretion to vote as they see fit after listening to the debate at the meeting, or you can instruct them to vote in a particular way or even abstain.

Please follow the instructions on the form carefully to make sure that your vote is valid. The voting papers will be scanned by ERS, so the forms must be completed clearly as stated on the form.

If you have any questions about proxy voting, phone Carol McKinley at National Office.
Philip Benstead
Secretary
CTC London – Working to promote the use of the cycle as a means of utility, transport or leisure for ALL.
Email to ctclondon@yahoogroups.co.uk
CTC London Twitter: @CTCLondon)
Karen Sutton

Post by Karen Sutton »

Philip the information quoted includes the dates from 2011.
gaz

Post by gaz »

In fairness to Philip he's done a Cut and Paste from the main website and the 2011 information is still there. So where are the 2012 instructions?

Further digging with regard to the 2012 AGM finds the current situation here (my emphasis).

The Agenda and papers for the meeting are printed in the April/May edition of Cycle magazine which also includes a personalised proxy voting paper for every member. A copy of the pack can be found via the link below and proxy voting instructions will be posted here shortly.

I'd suggest that they hurry up about it, especially as the 2012 AGM Agenda also said:-

The Proxy Voting form is circulated with the April/May 2012 issue of Cycle. Procedures for use are on the form and are available on the CTC website.

If the procedures for 2012 are there I haven't found them. :roll:

Mind you I was quite surprised not to find any errors on the voting form itself this year.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Si

Post by Si »

So where are the 2012 instructions?

On the new website :wink:
gaz

Post by gaz »

Si wrote:On the new website :wink:

That's all right then, I know where to find that. http://www.ctc.co.uk/ :wink:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Karen Sutton

Post by Karen Sutton »

gaz wrote:
Si wrote:On the new website :wink:

That's all right then, I know where to find that. http://www.ctc.co.uk/ :wink:

Love it! :lol:

Now you do know the new website isn't live until May. Not long to wait now :wink:
Karen Sutton

Post by Karen Sutton »

gaz wrote:In fairness to Philip he's done a Cut and Paste from the main website and the 2011 information is still there.

I know. I wasn't having a go at Phil. I despair at the situation which CTC finds itself in with only a skeleton staff at NO to try to ensure these sort of thigs are correct. However even when they had lots more staff these errors were frequent. I can't see that the new website is going to improve this sort of thing.