CTC mudguard sticker

belgiangoth

CTC mudguard sticker

Post by belgiangoth »

I had one on my old 'guards before they broke. I have two bikes I'd like to fit with a CTC "bumper" sticker, but can't find a source of these. Any thoughts?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
DavidT

Re: CTC mudguard sticker

Post by DavidT »

Try approaching Head Office. At the Bike show a couple of years ago they had thousands available for distribution and a subsequent thread on here revealed that they were indeed available from Head Office. Hopefully that is still the case.

These were the modern CTC logo, fine with me but obviously many were up in arms (still) about the loss of the Winged Wheel.... :wink:
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

I'd quite like to have something suitable on the rear window of my car. It seems that other interest groups are catered for:
"Show dogs in transit"
"My other car's a porche"
"I make room for horses"
"Think once think twice, think bike" (motorbikes, that is)

How about something that gives a cyclist orientated message to the driver behind e.g. "I pass cyclists safely" or "Make room for bikes"
Malaconotus

Post by Malaconotus »

Alan D wrote:How about something that gives a cyclist orientated message to the driver behind e.g. "I pass cyclists safely" or "Make room for bikes"

"Cyclist trapped in soundproof metal box"
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Lesser Mortal Cyclist Who Still Also Drives. (Will stop to worship the enlightened).
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

I have a bumper sticker from the USA that has a bicycle pictogram and the words, "Share the Road".

I've also seen ones that say "My other car is a bicycle".

New members get mudguard stickers in the membership package, so I would suppose (as others said) that they are available from Head Office.
Last edited by Vorpal on 14 Apr 2012, 1:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

thirdcrank wrote:http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3476&p=24558&#p24547

That particular thread seems to have a bit of a negative vibe and conclusion.

It's fair to say there are other threads on the same subject that have been more positive, with stickers mailed from CTC. :D (Unfortunately I don't know how to link other threads! :oops: )
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

DavidT wrote: ... (Unfortunately I don't know how to link other threads! :oops: )

Get the relevant thread on the screen.

The is then a line of text beginning http in a space toward the top of the screen. I've no idea what that space or the text in it are called, but on my screen it's to the right of a CTC logo.

Highlight that text and either right-click copy or use Ctrl + C

Paste that into the reply where you want the link to appear. The forum magic will take care of the rest.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

thirdcrank wrote:
Paste that into the reply where you want the link to appear. The forum magic will take care of the rest.

I like the sound of that! Cheers TC
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

More positive discussions on this issue. Notwithstanding...a) a few years old. b) Inevitably some wider or related discussion, on Winged Wheel etc....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11943&hilit=+mudguard+sticker

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25603&hilit=mudguard+sticker&start=60
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Alan D wrote:I'd quite like to have something suitable on the rear window of my car. It seems that other interest groups are catered for:
"Show dogs in transit"
"My other car's a porche"
"I make room for horses"
"Think once think twice, think bike" (motorbikes, that is)

How about something that gives a cyclist orientated message to the driver behind e.g. "I pass cyclists safely" or "Make room for bikes"

The motoring organisations would have you in court for heresy.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

I'll email head office. I won't put a sticker on bike 3 as that is 70+ years old and should have a winged sticker, if any. No sticker for bike 4 as it has no mudguards (and therefore never leaves the shed)
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

belgiangoth wrote:I'll email head office. I won't put a sticker on bike 3 as that is 70+ years old and should have a winged sticker, if any. No sticker for bike 4 as it has no mudguards (and therefore never leaves the shed)

Let us know how long it takes for them to reply.

Ask them for a proper CTC badge - i.e. Winged Wheel. See what they say.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

JohnW wrote:
Ask them for a proper CTC badge - i.e. Winged Wheel. See what they say.

My bike carries "proper" badges, - the "modern" design. :wink: