A warm welcome to Sheffield for CTC members

wildnorthlands

A warm welcome to Sheffield for CTC members

Post by wildnorthlands »

As your RTR for Sheffield I'd like to welcome CTC members who are attending the CTC AGM in Sheffield this weekend. I won't be at the AGM or Dinner itself, because Cyclenation of which I'm secretary has foolishly arranged its own AGM for the same day- constitutional arrangements make it difficult to prevent this from happening, but we will try harder next year - but I will be on the Friday Night Ride tonight (and the pub afterwards) and am leading the Facilities ride on Sunday. If you'd like to have a chat with me about what we're doing in Sheffield to increase cycling please feel free to do so - we think that the mixture of off-road paths, trails and traffic calmed and 20mph residential areas along with a city centre that it is difficult to drive through, not forgetting the development of a cycling culture through community initiatives, is a winning combination, but there is always room for improvement.

There's a great selection of rides over the weekend and we hope everyone who's coming will find something to suit them.

Simon
David Cox

Re: A warm welcome to Sheffield for CTC members

Post by David Cox »

Thanks Simon, it was a great weekend and there were c100 riders on the Sunday rides. Well done Sheffield CTC.