CTC Car stickers?

DavidT

CTC Car stickers?

Post by DavidT »

Unless someone can correct me regarding availability, I find it strange that CTC do not have car stickers available for members.

In contrast, my son has now come of age to get involved with our local road club, the timing of which couldn't be better with all the cycling success and interest we currently have in the country. As a result he has proudly joined British Cycling, to be part of the culture of his heroes he sees on TV (and I'm glad he is a Wiggins/Froome/Cavendish/Hoy fan rather than Mr Rooney et al).

The British Cycling membership pack includes a nice little car sticker which I'm currently considering displaying. That made me think of displaying a CTC one, which more accurately reflects my cycling bias, but there isn't one...
hexhome

Re: CTC Car stickers?

Post by hexhome »

My son has done exactly the same and also received a very nice welcome package with cards posters and stickers from BC.
gaz

Post by gaz »

DavidT wrote:I find it strange that CTC do not have car stickers available for members.

There used to be one. It featured the CTC logo of the day and I think the phrasing was something along the lines of "I'd rather be cycling" rather than "My other car's a bike."

Once upon a time the shop even sold stickers for bikes :wink: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Yes, but BC don't send stickers for the bike. CTC do. :D
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

I imagine any decision to get some printed would be purely with the opinion of CTC marketing staff. On here I imagine we could only guarantee 50 or so "sales", and that would probably diminish once we start discussing whether they should show the "Winged Wheel" or not :wink: :lol:

I wonder what the "membership pack" for a new CTC member contains? As we have mentioned here, British Cycling seem to have a well presented package.

Likewise - good point by Vorpal that there are no bike stickers from BC. :?

(PS - thanks to Mod for moving thread to more appropriate area - I thought I'd dreamt having made the post until I found this area that I'd never actually looked at before! :oops: )