CTC Tourist Competition (DATC)

ajst

CTC Tourist Competition (DATC)

Post by ajst »

There seems to be no evidence on the website that the CTC Tourist Competition (DATC) is being continued into 2013 (I appreciate that Bob is no longer with us RIP) anyone know if someone else has taken up the cause.
msl8erctc

Re: CTC Tourist Competition (DATC)

Post by msl8erctc »

Dear All CTC Tourist Competition Competitors and future participants,

I would like to clarify what has been an unfortunately cloudy time in the existence of the CTC Tourist Competition, by announcing that the competition will continue!!!

The competition has already started with events taking place and results coming in.

This year will see a revamp of the Bob Kynaston and Mark Draper Legacy with a new website and new volunteers administrating the competition.

These volunteers will introduce themselves to you after the Easter break. Until then if you have any questions, event listings, results or want to participate in the CTC Tourist Competition please email mark.slater@ctc.org.uk.

In the meantime upcoming events are listed on the CTC main page.

The official unveiling of last years results and distribution of the Millie Miglia medallions will also take place after the Easter break. Any questions in regards to this please send to mark.slater@ctc.org.uk.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and organisation of this year’s CTC Tourist competition. It has enabled this competition to continue unimpeded in the wake of unfortunate circumstances.
Jeff E

Post by Jeff E »

The 2014 DATC Events List is up and running, but there are so many in the list that will not score DATC points. When will the relevant A-F designations be shown ?
lpeters

Post by lpeters »

As one of the volunteers working with the Tourist Competition into 2014 I can confirm that events have been published on the events listing and after going through a few randomly selected events they all appear to have the Tourist Competition category set correctly against the event.

It is worth noting that there are over 100 "sets of" events currently listed with some of these including only one event, but some including many more.

As an example, the Stevenage Start of Summertime Specials lists 3 events within that page with the Tourist Competition details set for each of these.

If you can provide me with some examples of events where you believe Competition categories are missing, I can then investigate those cases.

The CTC Tourist Competition team of volunteers can be contacted by e-mailing competitions@ctc.org.uk.
Luke Peters
Stevenage & North Herts CTC Event Organiser
CTC Tourist Competition Volunteer - competitions@ctc.org.uk
Jeff E

Post by Jeff E »

You are quite right that the A-F categories are quoted within the details of those rides qualifying for DATC points, but my point was that there is no indication in the overall list, as in past years. Indicating the categories in the overall list would advertise the DATC competition to those unaware of it, and encourage those riders to have a go. It also makes it clear to those who ARE interested in the competition. Many thanks for taking over this competition.
lpeters

Post by lpeters »

Thanks Jeff, I understand what you are saying now.

I will have a chat with the web team at CTC as the systems do seem to have changed a little over the 'close-season'.
Luke Peters
Stevenage & North Herts CTC Event Organiser
CTC Tourist Competition Volunteer - competitions@ctc.org.uk