Grand Draw 2013

spartacus

Grand Draw 2013

Post by spartacus »

Seeing as the Grand Draw took place on 3 December, does anyone know where the results are? I want to know if I've won!
jezer

Re: Grand Draw 2013

Post by jezer »

I didn't receive any tickets this year, although I have in the past. I never responded, so perhaps I've been declared a lost cause :shock:
Power to the pedals
CTC Support

Post by CTC Support »

Hi Spartacus

The winners were notified in writing last week so this is one of those occasions where no news is probably bad news. We wanted to make sure the winners had a heads up before we put their win up on the website. I'll hope to get this organised in the next day or so. The Grand Draw did really well this year. We sold more than 56,000 tickets, beating the 39,000 previous record set in 2012. That adds up to a lot of support for our campaign work so you can feel good about your support for the charity even if you didnt win.

Jezer - I am sorry to hear you didn't recieve tickets this year. We haven't written anyone off as a lost cause as yet.

Did other forum users fail to receive theirs? The charity paid for these to be sent out and we don't want anyone to miss the fun.

We suspect the inclusion of the two beautiful bikes from Spa Cycles amongst the prizes helped make this such a bumper year so don't worry - there will be another draw in 2014 and two more winners will ride away on similar dream machines.

With best wishes for a merry Christmas and a happy New Year

CTC Support
RickH

Post by RickH »

CTC Support wrote:Did other forum users fail to receive theirs? The charity paid for these to be sent out and we don't want anyone to miss the fun.

I don't recall getting any either (but I wouldn't take that as conclusive proof they didn't come :? ). Would they have been in with Cycling like they have been in the past?

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yes.
Mine got chucked on the hearth with all the other junk mail and leaflets .............. and they go to light the fire.
Mick F. Cornwall
meic

Post by meic »

Somehow Mick, I dont think that you are going to win CTC member of the year award. :shock:

Loudly trumpeting that you do that with the tickets.

while the rest of us do it quietly.
Yma o Hyd
spartacus

Post by spartacus »

Thanks for the clarification. So I guess I didn't win. Never mind - I already have a Spa Audax.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

meic wrote:Somehow Mick, I dont think that you are going to win CTC member of the year award. :shock:
I'm seriously considering not renewing my membership.

Here I am "trumpeting" that as well. :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
gordy

Post by gordy »

Fifty six thousand tickets sold! That's amazing.
Well done to the team.

I bought my tickets and wish the lucky winners well. :D