CTC Members re-cycle facebook page

martin brain

CTC Members re-cycle facebook page

Post by martin brain »

I have also set up a Re - Cycle Facebook page CTC Members re-cycle please pass on to your cycling friends - private ads only
Last edited by martin brain on 21 Dec 2013, 9:38am, edited 1 time in total.
Vorpal

Schmitt Dyno Hub built into 700c touring quality

Post by Vorpal »

I have also set up a Re - Cycle Facebook page CTC Members re-cycle please pass on to your cycling friends - private ads only

You might want to consider another name. Re-cycle is a charity http://www.re-cycle.org/

Yours might cause some confusion.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
martin brain

Re: Schmitt Dyno Hub built into 700c touring quality

Post by martin brain »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398386693741383/ is the address so hopefully I won't cause any confusion! :D
gaz

Post by gaz »

Vorpal wrote:

You might want to consider another name. Re-cycle is a charity http://www.re-cycle.org/

Yours might cause some confusion.

You really might want to consider another name, CTC is a charity as well.

Somehow I doubt that this enterprise is limited to use by CTC members only but it most certainly is limited to facebook users. Whilst I am a member of CTC I am unable to access your service as I am not on facebook.

Never mind, the genuine CTC private ads service is open to members and non-members alike and I don't need facebook to use it.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
meic

Post by meic »

Gaz,

Are you now saying that CTC members and DA's can not use the name CTC and that is now sole use by HO?

Also which head office, does even CTC Cymru not have the right to use the term CTC?
Yma o Hyd
gaz

Post by gaz »

The regional divisions and member groups can clearly use the name as they are part of the CTC structure. If something goes wrong in an individuals dealings with those groups the CTC complaints procedures will apply.

CTC does have an official presence on social media but given the existence of the private ads service on this forum I doubt that it includes private ads. The title of "CTC Members recycle" to me implies a service provided by the CTC for CTC Members. I have not visited the facebook page and I don't know if it makes use of any CTC logos, etc.

I am certain that CTC Membership alone is not sufficient for an individual to participate and I very much doubt that it is a requirement, yet it is implied in the name.

Of course I am a grumpy old git and CTC needn't even refer to Cyclists' Touring Club: http://www.ctc.co.uk/ :wink:
meic

Post by meic »

to me implies a service provided by the CTC for CTC Members.

Which depends on what you think of as the CTC.
In this case it is CTC members providing a service for other CTC members (and non-members at a guess). They probably think that as a CTC DA they are the CTC, ignoring the recent move to being a third sector government provider.
Yma o Hyd
Vorpal

Re: CTC Members re-cycle facebook page

Post by Vorpal »

This topic has been split. The original sales item is viewtopic.php?f=32&t=82535&p=737162#p737162

This thread is for discussion about the facebook page and the use of the names 'Re-cycle' and 'CTC'.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
gaz

Post by gaz »

Vorpal wrote:This topic has been split.

Thank you.

meic wrote:
to me implies a service provided by the CTC for CTC Members.

Which depends on what you think of as the CTC.
In this case it is CTC members providing a service for other CTC members (and non-members at a guess). They probably think that as a CTC DA they are the CTC, ignoring the recent move to being a third sector government provider.

How have you established that? I do not know whether or not the OP is a CTC member, non-members can also use this forum.

The OP does not mention setting this up on behalf of a DA, there is no CTC group nomenclature in the name, just "CTC Members re-cycle". If this has been done on behalf of a DA then IMO fair enough (although I'd prefer for that to be reflected in the name), even though the CTC won't let them call it a DA anymore* :wink: .

*Which may well be seen as enough of a reason for a DA to set up a private ads service, when the third sector government provider already has one available for the DA's members and non-members to use.
meic

Post by meic »

How have you established that?

Because Martin Brain is the CTC Swansea Secretary.
The Re-cycle is an off shoot of the CTC Swansea Facebook group.
Yma o Hyd
gaz

Post by gaz »

In which case the confusion is all on my part. :oops:

Please accept my apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion.
martin brain

Post by martin brain »

I ONLY WANTED TO SHIFT MORE GOOD GEAR FROM SHEDS TO BIKES - TIMES ARE TOUGH FOR SOME! I KNOW SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE FACEBOOK BUT IT DOES WORK SO PLEASE SHARE https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398386693741383/ CTC Members re-cycle

IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE A FACEBOOK USER AND BE ANONYMOUS! We have a Mike Trailer! a cyclist with a -----