Membership services - back in-house : but is it better?

gaz

Membership services - back in-house : but is it better?

Post by gaz »

Renewal letter has just arrived.

Unlike previous years my initials do not appear on the letter itself, nor my membership card. The new membership card has no space for a signature.

Irritating rather than disastrous, particularly the decision not to use my initials. I'll still be renewing.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Si

Re: Membership services - back in-house : but is it better?

Post by Si »

Well, despite being in house I reckon they will still be using old systems for a while until they are up to speed so I guess that we ought to give them a chance to get to grips with it all.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Membership has been in-house since 1 October 2013. Avarto always used my initials and I'm sure that National Office have my full name (and not just on my original paper membership application in the relevant filing cabinet :wink: ).

It looks to me that a decision has been made to stop using members initials, there has certainly been a decision to use up stationery with the old Membership Department address although the new one appears in bold type in the body of the letter.

The letter invites me to renew my direct debit online:

Your subscription rate is £xx and it's easy to renew:
- By direct debit online or mandate overleaf and get an additional 3 months free membership

As an added irritation this isn't actually possible, renewal by direct debit on-line is not an option: http://www.ctc.org.uk/membership/renewal

To renew via direct debit either:
■Phone our membership department on 01483 238301 (weekdays 9am to 5.30pm) and one of our membership advisers will be able to help, or
■Complete the form on the back of your membership renewal letter and post to the address provided.

The address provided on the direct debit form is the old one :roll: , so I'll probably pick up the phone.

Edit - Phone picked up and completely painless, apart from a small ouch from the wallet. :wink:
Last edited by gaz on 10 Jan 2014, 10:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

ALARM, ALARM. THIS IS A GRUMPY OLD CYNIC SPEAKING. ALARM ALARM. THIS THREAD HAS BEEN STARTED BY A LOYAL CTC MEMBER. ALARM ALARM. DO NOT IGNORE THIS THREAD ALARM ALARM THIS IS A GRUMPY.....