CTC funding for disability groups - split from trike sale ad

lescargo

CTC funding for disability groups - split from trike sale ad

Post by lescargo »

Warren, at 2012CTC agm (Sheffield) a *motion supporting refunding of out of pocket expenses for members providing support/service to disabled groups was passed.
Voting was something like 90% for 10% against.
Therefore, logically, our CHARITABLE ORGANISATION should honour this club commitment by funding a member to purchase this trike for your group.
Please approach the "Kremlin" requesting grant for this rarely available, special needs trike.
If they refuse then I assure you I will raise this at forthcoming Glasgow agm.
*Another motion obtaining discounted rates for registered disabled was passed by a similar majority.
Have you used this facility or, forgive intrusion, are you "unwaged"?
gaz

Re: CTC funding for disability groups - split from trike sal

Post by gaz »

AGM 2012 wrote:Motion 8 - Proposed Michael McGeever, seconded by T Cook
(i)
That CTC discounted membership rates be extended to include those who are Registered Disabled, can demonstrate conditions that create similar limited access to cycling and to the recognised carers of such members.
(ii)
That CTC modify its member groups’ grants scheme to encourage access to cycling for those with disabilities, encouraging participating groups to claim grants which
contribute to the out of pocket expenses for participation in cycle touring activities by local members affected by (i) above and their supporters.

Motion 8 was passed 8372 for, 335 against.

National Office should be able to clarify how this policy is being implemented in practice.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade