CTC Holidays

uppadine

CTC Holidays

Post by uppadine »

I've just got back from a really great CTC holiday tour in the Trossachs, led by Gary Cummins; no rain in 8 days, and mostly gentle sun.
Is there a case for a specific section reporting on CTC tours? I realise there's the possibility of disgruntled customers venting feelings, but as a counterbalance, such a section could help those thinking about a particular holiday to make up their minds based on previous reports. CTC Holidays need to be pushed within the CTC itself, surely, not hidden away or kept secret, as they would seem to be now.
Simon
Si

Re: CTC Holidays

Post by Si »

I would guess that not many of our forum users go on CTC Holidays' tours, and as such there really wouldn't be enough traffic to warrant a new section. However, if there are a lot of forum users going on CTC Holidays tours and you all want to chat about them then speak up now and we'll see what we can do.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Maybe post something in the 'cycling goods & services - your reviews?'
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
hondated

Post by hondated »

As I understand it from someone that has been on CTC tours they are so g
old they are always over subscribed.
jezer

Post by jezer »

I've been on many cycle tours over the years, both in the UK and mainland Europe. All but one were CTC, the exception being a very poor imitation :?
Power to the pedals
CJ

Post by CJ »

I must declare an interest, as a tour leader myself. We leaders have an altogether different and private forum elsewhere, to share ideas and discuss matters of mutual interest. At the last tour leaders' conference the suggestion was made that we create a participants forum. It was only touched upon briefly, but I think the general feeling was in favour. I suggested that we would do best to put it with the existing CTC Forum, rather than re-invent a similar wheel elsewhere.

I think there are probably more people on this forum who go on CTC Holidays and Tours than engage in many of the other activities that get their own area. Perhaps a sub-board of Touring and Expedition would be good for starters.
Chris Juden
One lady owner, never raced or jumped.
CJ

Post by CJ »

By the way I've just had a last minute medical drop-out from my Germany - King Ludwig's Bavaria tour, which starts 7th June and I'm happy to sell the vacated place for half-price.

So: does anyone want a very fine, moderate mileage (carry own luggage) touring holiday in Germany, with single rooms in good hotels, including half-board, visits to all of King Ludwig's castles and palaces and travel with bike by Eurostar and City-Night-Line trains between London and Munich? Details here (download prospectus as pdf. Yours for £985.

Note: this is probably your last chance of a rail-assisted CTC tour into Germany - as I'm the only leader brave or foolish enough to tackle the byzantine booking procedure for groups with bikes and I'm getting out of that whilst I'm still on a high and before I get an ulcer!
Chris Juden
One lady owner, never raced or jumped.
GPC

Post by GPC »

hondated wrote:As I understand it from someone that has been on CTC tours they are so g
old they are always over subscribed.

Not quite true I'm afraid, some tours sell very quickly, others not so quickly, my September tour still has spaces left, and I believe Paul Rogers' tour in Scotland the week before mine also has some space available.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

CJ wrote:By the way I've just had a last minute medical drop-out from my Germany - King Ludwig's Bavaria tour, which starts 7th June and I'm happy to sell the vacated place for half-price.

I would love to go. It sounds lovely, but I already have travel plans then. I hope you have a nice tour!
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom