L`Eroica Brittania

bicyclecranky

L`Eroica Brittania

Postby bicyclecranky » 23 Jun 2014, 11:35pm

I have just spent the weekend at L`Eroica Brittania, it has been a truly extraordinary weekend.
It's made me wonder why this event is such a runaway success when CTC have only recently decided that the York rally is no longer viable, I see many many riders and their families who would have been entirely at home at the rally in former years.
It's left me wondering why is it CTC could not have found a way forward?

filo

Re: L`Eroica Brittania

Postby filo » 29 Jun 2014, 6:37pm

I rode it too. Hats off to the organisers for a superb weekend. Considering this was the first time the event has been run in the UK, it was remarkably well put together. A challenging route (I rode the 56 miler) and we were lucky with the weather as in rainy conditions it would have been a whole different ball game. Highly recommended, nonetheless.

Bazza55

Re: L`Eroica Brittania

Postby Bazza55 » 26 Oct 2014, 6:12pm

What a shame that L'Eroica Brittania and the reformed York Rally will be held on the same weekend in 2015 and with Bakewell and York being only 70 miles apart too.
I only live one hour's ride from Bakewell but unfortunately the "call of the Rally" will be too great to resist so it is off to York next year for me, to an event I've attended every year (apart from 2013 and 2014) since 1982. Ideally I would have loved to have gone to both.