What's happened to the 'CTC' shop

AndyHenderson

What's happened to the 'CTC' shop

Postby AndyHenderson » 15 Dec 2014, 3:26pm

I can't see any links to the CTC shop run by Wiggle on the CTC site. It's no longer mentioned in the member benefits. The site still seems to be active at: http://www.ctcshop.org.uk/.

Anyone know?

Andy

Penfolds11

Re: What's happened to the 'CTC' shop

Postby Penfolds11 » 15 Dec 2014, 5:26pm

Good spot!

t's completely disappeared and isn't even on Members Benefits page, although its fantastic news that we can get 10% off Christmas-themed cycling jerseys (I'm being sarcastic). I have the link stored as a bookmark so I don't access it through the CTC website, and bought a new base layer through it last week.

Has the deal lapsed or has someone accidentally turned the page off today while working on the site? I hope its not the former.

AndyK

Postby AndyK » 15 Dec 2014, 5:44pm

Judging from this old invitation-to-tender letter (PDF) the current contract is set to finish on 1st January 2015, so somebody may have jumped the gun by a couple of weeks. I don't see any sign of a new ITT though. Odd.

jiberjaber

Postby jiberjaber » 15 Dec 2014, 8:55pm

Hmmmm. BC have also stopped their wiggle shop to. Shame if this is the case here.
Kind Regards,

Jason

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 16 Dec 2014, 1:34pm

CTC Shop still works.
I don't understand.

Screen shot 2014-12-16 at 13.33.39.png
This is a screenshot of my Safari window.
Just realised, you can see my bookmarks bar! :oops:
Mick F. Cornwall

jochta

Postby jochta » 16 Dec 2014, 3:08pm

What's the point when the listed prices are the same whether you go through the CTC shop or directly to Wiggle? Take the first item listed, that Gatorskin tyre is £23.99 and save 20% on both. It doesn't help that Wiggle aren't the cheapest online store for cycling stuff now anyway. I've not used the CTC shop for years as it's no longer a member benefit.

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 16 Dec 2014, 3:25pm

+1 so true I've not visited the CTC shop for some time. As you say there is no benefit.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 16 Dec 2014, 3:28pm

CTC Shop via Wiggle give CTC members a discount on the list price.
If the discount on offer is greater to the discount for CTC members, the price is the same.

I suggest you look at some random items and compare.
Screen shot 2014-12-16 at 15.24.08.png
Screen shot 2014-12-16 at 15.25.55.png
Joe Public gets 11% here, but CTC members get 12%
Mick F. Cornwall

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 16 Dec 2014, 3:41pm

E2E info

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 16 Dec 2014, 3:44pm

Think I see the difference. Notice Wiggle is giving me the "platinum price" already

E2E info

AndyHenderson

Postby AndyHenderson » 16 Dec 2014, 3:53pm

jochta wrote:What's the point when the listed prices are the same whether you go through the CTC shop or directly to Wiggle? Take the first item listed, that Gatorskin tyre is £23.99 and save 20% on both. It doesn't help that Wiggle aren't the cheapest online store for cycling stuff now anyway. I've not used the CTC shop for years as it's no longer a member benefit.

As Mick says, you do not get a benefit if a product is already discounted above the Platinum level. There's also no benefit if you are already a platinum Wiggle customer. Once you place an order through the CTC shop you get platinum status through the Wiggle site without having to go via the CTC shop. That makes it look like there's no benefit to using the CTC shop. But the elevated status only lasts a while, you then revert to your 'normal' Wiggle status.

The CTC shop has allowed me to get a better discount on several Wiggle items over the past year, or so. It's definitely been a benefit, although it might not be worth a great deal, depending on what you're buying and the time you're willing to spend looking for cheaper alternatives.

Andy

Bicycler

Postby Bicycler » 16 Dec 2014, 5:08pm

If there's no benefit there is also no hardship. On the rare occasions I want to buy from wiggle I use the CTC shop presuming that they will get some of the money. Like Gift Aid it costs me nowt.

Penfolds11

Postby Penfolds11 » 16 Dec 2014, 9:37pm

Bicycler wrote:If there's no benefit there is also no hardship. On the rare occasions I want to buy from wiggle I use the CTC shop presuming that they will get some of the money. Like Gift Aid it costs me nowt.

The OP makes the point that the Wiggle CTC shop is no longer linked form http://www.ctc.org.uk. If you have http://www.ctcshop.org.uk bookmarked then you won't notice any difference but the presumption is that new members can't benefit from the CTC Wiggle shop because they won't know about it: its not linked from the CTC site either on one of the menu banners of from the Member's Benefits page.

A secondary concern is what are the implications or consequences of the deal if CTC has intentionally removed the link from its website?

jiberjaber

Postby jiberjaber » 19 Dec 2014, 12:32am

It would appear the link is back on the CTC website:

ctcshopCapture.JPG
Kind Regards,

Jason

Si

Postby Si » 19 Dec 2014, 8:26am

quote from head office when i made an enquiry: " This was a glitch and is now sorted."