Armitstead missed three drugs tests.

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
andrew_s

Re: Armitstead missed three drugs tests.

Postby andrew_s » 18 Mar 2017, 12:25am

mjr wrote:JTL ... had been part of British Cycling teams off and on since 2005.

Is that British Cycling teams or British cycling teams?

I'm aware of him being part of the GB U23 team in 2004, and riding for GB in 2012 off the back of the same Endura wins that got him his Sky contract, but is there anything else?
Otherwise, I'm not aware of any BC involvment in the management of CC Étupes, Plowman Craven-Madison, Rapha Condor-Sharp, or Endura.
He didn't do any top level racing at all between mid-2005 and joining Plowman Craven in 2009 (glandular fever)

andrew_s

Postby andrew_s » 18 Mar 2017, 12:26am

andrew_s wrote:

I'm aware of him being part of the GB U23 team in 2004, and riding for GB in 2012 off the back of the same dodgy Endura wins that got him his Sky contract, but is there anything else?
Otherwise, I'm not aware of any BC involvment in the management of CC Étupes, Plowman Craven-Madison, Rapha Condor-Sharp, or Endura.
He didn't do any top level racing at all between mid-2005 and joining Plowman Craven in 2009 (glandular fever)

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 18 Mar 2017, 10:39am

Professional sport is a murky business because there's a lot of money in it,by lottery funding and by sponsorship from big name equipment suppliers.
Big money,big prestige,big chances.
Did anyone think races are really won on "mineral water"?
---------------------------
USA,You know when you've been Tango'd

TrevA

Postby TrevA » 22 Mar 2017, 7:24pm

andrew_s wrote:

I'm aware of him being part of the GB U23 team in 2004, and riding for GB in 2012 off the back of the same Endura wins that got him his Sky contract, but is there anything else?

JTL was sacked by Plowman Craven for unprofessional conduct. My son also rode for the team and I know why he was sacked but I won't go into it here (not drug related). Suffice to say that there was something odd about him.

Return to “Racing, Olympics, TdF, Competitive cycling”