Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
User avatar
NATURAL ANKLING
Posts: 7271
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 10:43pm
Location: English Riviera

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 30 Jan 2015, 10:06am

Hi,
From the interview I posted up.
He still wants to win not just help others.
Its still Armstrong to win if I have to help or raise money for good not just taking part.
"There has to be a winner in the seven blank years, not just another world war, and there isn't!" (world wars show no winner)
"There were seven winners in the blank years and their name ends with Armstrong"....................................

When he truly drops that then he can start a long journey...............

Oh :!:

He will find out in two weeks whether his ban will be shortened..........................really..............
Priority Is Still 500K In 24......Cant Move On Till Then..............Stay Focused Guys And Keep Sharp.....
You'll Find Me At The Top Of a hill...............Somewhere

Ljaydee
Posts: 39
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 9:49am

Re: Lnace is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby Ljaydee » 1 Feb 2015, 3:04pm

nicmarsh wrote:move along , nothing to see here........


Could not agree more! I wish Cycling Weekly would do same.

julianm
Posts: 86
Joined: 6 Jun 2011, 8:13pm

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby julianm » 4 Feb 2015, 8:57am

If you hadn't quite made up your mind about whether he is a cheating lying *** this might help you decide - he`s been charged with hit & run & got his girlfriend to take the blame ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/31125348

TonyR
Posts: 5374
Joined: 31 Aug 2008, 12:51pm

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby TonyR » 4 Feb 2015, 11:08am

andy65 wrote:Are we in danger of nominating Armstrong as the fall guy so that we don't have worry too much about who else is guilty? There are lots of rumours about other riders from the same era. I'm not going to risk a letter from the libel lawyers by repeating the names, but think about some of the riders who's suddenly pull off extraordinary performances that didn't match previous form. Some of these guys are still involved in the sport and in influential roles.


I find it curious how Tommy Simpson is considered a cycling icon and Armstrong the devil incarnate.

User avatar
mjr
Posts: 7497
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 7:06pm
Location: Norfolk or Somerset, mostly
Contact:

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby mjr » 4 Feb 2015, 11:44am

julianm wrote:If you hadn't quite made up your mind about whether he is a cheating lying *** this might help you decide - he`s been charged with hit & run & got his girlfriend to take the blame ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/31125348

Does anyone who knows the local laws there expect this to result in a driving ban for Lance, in addition to possible fine and jail?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

K_G
Posts: 3
Joined: 5 Feb 2015, 8:07am

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby K_G » 5 Feb 2015, 9:01am

Almost feels sorry for him now. Almost....

Vorpal
Moderator
Posts: 13121
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 3:34pm
Location: Not there ;)

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby Vorpal » 5 Feb 2015, 9:09am

Conviction for 'hit and run' in Colorado results in an automatic ban. However, they also have plea bargaining, so he may cut a deal that results in him pleading guilty for one or more lesser charges, instead.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

User avatar
NATURAL ANKLING
Posts: 7271
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 10:43pm
Location: English Riviera

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 5 Feb 2015, 10:12am

Hi,
K_G wrote:Almost feels sorry for him now. Almost....

That's subtle sarcasm or are you serious ? if you are go watch the interview and see the old Lnace, he only wants to win.
Priority Is Still 500K In 24......Cant Move On Till Then..............Stay Focused Guys And Keep Sharp.....
You'll Find Me At The Top Of a hill...............Somewhere

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 15066
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby [XAP]Bob » 5 Feb 2015, 8:09pm

Driving ban or cycling ban?

The **** should get banned from any further mention in any media after his recent vehicular antics.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way.
No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
A good pun is it's own reword

There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

GasPipeWarrior
Posts: 29
Joined: 18 May 2013, 5:25pm

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby GasPipeWarrior » 3 Jun 2017, 5:27pm


landsurfer
Posts: 2761
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 9:13pm

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby landsurfer » 3 Jun 2017, 7:04pm

TonyR wrote:
I find it curious how Tommy Simpson is considered a cycling icon and Armstrong the devil incarnate.


An individual doping in the Simpson era and the mass bullying and doping of Armstrong are different battles in different wars ....
The Ride Goes On Forever ........

pete75
Posts: 8037
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby pete75 » 4 Jun 2017, 3:05pm

landsurfer wrote:
TonyR wrote:
I find it curious how Tommy Simpson is considered a cycling icon and Armstrong the devil incarnate.


An individual doping in the Simpson era and the mass bullying and doping of Armstrong are different battles in different wars ....


According to Merckx Tom wasn't an habitual doper " I can say with my hand on my heart he was certainly not the drug injector or pill taker he is made out to be. Far from it. I remember several occasions when he warned young riders against using banned substances. On the Ventoux Tom was really the victim of his uncurbed ambition. He probably made a stupid mistake on the day"
They were team mates for two seasons so Eddie knew Tom quite well.

User avatar
NATURAL ANKLING
Posts: 7271
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 10:43pm
Location: English Riviera

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 6 Jun 2017, 8:08pm

Hi,
Colin Lewis was Toms room mate on the tour, We got onto the conversation one day in his shop, he does not say much, probably a shock as he was in bed when he was woke to be told the news.

Colin still rides and involved in local cycling..................he don't like it much when you overtake him :? :lol: I did once recently, right on my tail :)
Priority Is Still 500K In 24......Cant Move On Till Then..............Stay Focused Guys And Keep Sharp.....
You'll Find Me At The Top Of a hill...............Somewhere

pwa
Posts: 5228
Joined: 2 Oct 2011, 8:55pm

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Postby pwa » 27 Jun 2017, 4:57pm

pete75 wrote:
landsurfer wrote:
TonyR wrote:
I find it curious how Tommy Simpson is considered a cycling icon and Armstrong the devil incarnate.


An individual doping in the Simpson era and the mass bullying and doping of Armstrong are different battles in different wars ....


According to Merckx Tom wasn't an habitual doper " I can say with my hand on my heart he was certainly not the drug injector or pill taker he is made out to be. Far from it. I remember several occasions when he warned young riders against using banned substances. On the Ventoux Tom was really the victim of his uncurbed ambition. He probably made a stupid mistake on the day"
They were team mates for two seasons so Eddie knew Tom quite well.


I would not excuse Simpson for his use of illegal substances, but he was a human being who made a bad choice and paid for it with his life. Armstrong would probably get a little bit of sympathy from me except for the fact that he is a bully who made other people's lives a misery. No sort of hero.


Return to “Racing, Olympics, TdF, Competitive cycling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests