Paul Sherwen R.I.P.

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
mjr

Re: Paul Sherwen R.I.P.

Postby mjr » 4 Dec 2018, 9:20pm

brynpoeth wrote:Has the cause of death been disclosed?

Heart attack, according to Phil Liggett's tweets.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

Vorpal

Postby Vorpal » 5 Dec 2018, 7:13am

brynpoeth wrote:I saw that a second thread about PS had been started, were they not simply merged/combined? What if anything was deleted?

Two threads were merged.

After that, one user commented something, then later deleted their comments, but in the meanwhile, a few people had responded. I believe that another moderated deleted the posts that were a response to the user-deleted comment.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

fausto copy

Postby fausto copy » 5 Dec 2018, 11:53am

Some sort of clarification there, thank you.

fausto.

mjr

Postby mjr » 5 Dec 2018, 12:23pm

Vorpal wrote:After that, one user commented something, then later deleted their comments, but in the meanwhile, a few people had responded. I believe that another moderated deleted the posts that were a response to the user-deleted comment.

It would have been kinder to edit out the replying part, not silently bin people's work.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=31423 for a summary of the doping allegations, about halfway down the page, after the stuff referring to deleted tweets. Still RIP Paul because of all the people he introduced and inspired, but I fear he's not going to be the last rider from the testosterone-doping era that dies young.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

1982john

Postby 1982john » 6 Dec 2018, 7:46pm

The Cycling Podcast dedicated this weeks episode to Paul including a chat with Phil

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 10 Dec 2018, 6:57pm

The Grauniad just published an obituary
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott

Brucey

Postby Brucey » 11 Dec 2018, 11:56am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~