How Much Do They Earn ?

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Vorpal

Re: How Much Do They Earn ?

Post by Vorpal »

Fixed that for you....
whoof wrote:In road cycling there is a minimum annual wage for the various [men's] team categories.
This states [men's] World tour 36300 Euro ( £31200) and [men's] Pro Continental 30250 Euro (£26000). For teams in the divisions below this there is no minimum wage. To put this in context if you are a British tennis player are get a wildcard to Wimbledon and lose in the first round you will get £30000 for that match.

http://cyclingtips.com/2014/11/how-uci- ... pro-teams/

If there' a minimum wage it's because without it some would be on a lot less. According to this article some still are.

There is also prize money but one [men's] team got 11000 Euros in last years Tour de France, the richest race in the world to be shard between 9 riders and all the support staff.

Unless you are Froome, Cavendish or a few others it's not a sport you do to get rich.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

The Team Sky website has an article discussing the various levels of pay in a pro team, but that's not what was asked.

http://www.teamsky.com/teamsky/sky%20sp ... 1ZB6Wig.97

In funding sportspeople for an Olympic team, what choice do people have, they can take whatever money is offered, or quit, there's not really any rival team trying to employ them, apart from the people who change nationality, they should clamp down on this, it's stupid. So there's not much negotiating to be done over pay is there, you could say pay me £X or I'll retire, or change nationality, that's about it.

There's a short article here stating three cyclists are in the top 5 of Team GB's rich list, easy to figure out it's Wiggins, Cavendish and Froome, who are all way behind Andy Murray and Justin Rose.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... als-277262
borisface

Post by borisface »

Slightly off topic but Team Sky are the best funded cycle team ever - budget is something like £20-25m per year. Now that's about the same as a distinctly average Premier League footballer...

A few days ago I decided to have a look at the level of Andy Murray's career earnings my google search told me that it was something like $7.5m. I thought that was a bit on the low side. When I read the page again I realised that that was his earnings for 2016.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
And he's so lucky the first and 2nd Wimbledon win that the real champs were out or injured, they reckon that Wimbledon will boost his earnings up 50 mil over his life, the figure is about 70 mil to date.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.