Giro d'Italia

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Postboxer

Giro d'Italia

Post by Postboxer »

Just checked to see if ITV4 or anyone had Giro highlights and found them on Quest, freeview channel 37, just in time as starting now, 10pm, although they're repeated in the morning.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Giro d'Italia

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
loch eck steve

Post by loch eck steve »

Cheers for that :D
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
How many more times, completely avoidable :roll:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/giro-dita ... ash-2017-5
mjr

Post by mjr »

The penalties for race vehicle collisions are not severe enough. On another forum I suggested that the race director's discretion should be removed from these cases and they should be required to neutralise the race if one of their vehicles causes a collision because disrupting the race and making it look silly on TV would be a better motive for the director and all racers to push for better vehicle controls. At the moment, the pressure is for the director to let racing continue and pretend the collision was unavoidable, whereas racers are probably OK with some of their competitors being KO'd as long as not seriously injured.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Great stage today though. Pity about police bike crash though, I've been unable to see how long the police bike was stationary before the peleton arrived at it. I'm assuming it either pulled to the side and stopped just before they got there, or maybe the riders saw it but assumed it was moving as that's what the police bikes at the front do, any small delay in noticing it was stationary could perhaps lead to the collision. There do seem to be quite a lot of collisions with the cars and motorbikes. I think maybe, smaller motorcycles could be used, the camera bikes are huge, maybe replace the cameraman with a remote operated camera, then a smaller, lighter bike could be used
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Since that stage seen another motorbike (police / media) stopped on the road in front of riders.........................

All the motor vehicles including cars have to do (car also unseat riders into fences) is not stop on the highway but if they have to stop they have to be off the border of the road.
The police motorcyclist could of been riding an off road bike trail bike with trials block pattern tyres, then he could off got off the road safely and returned to tarmac with out falling off his bike after the bike crash...................... :roll:

Incompetence by motorcyclist to handle bike when stationary means he needs sacking let alone putting the obstacle in the riders way!
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Looks like it will be an exciting time trial to finish, I just need to remember to not find out the result before the highlights are on.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Postboxer wrote:Looks like it will be an exciting time trial to finish, I just need to remember to not find out the result before the highlights are on.

IIRC Quintana said of Dumoulin yesterday (18) if he does not blow up I will make him blow :roll:

Yes TT will, well we hope will be the final conflict.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

despite his losses in recent days, my money is still on DuMoulin (or should we now call him 'Du-Pooh-lin'...?... :wink: ) for the win. I thought that Quintana would need about a minute and a half in hand to have a fighting chance in the TT.

I shall have to avert my gaze until the highlights are on....

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Very tense finish :D Edge of seat stuff.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Is it safe to talk about yet? People won't look here if they didn't want to know would they?
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Some still haven't probably watched it yet so I won't talk about the finish.

Only to say of those who watched di you notice the cadence of Quintana :?
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

I think the cat is well and truly out of the bag now, so Chapeau! to Tom Dumoulin. As I'm Dutch-by-marriage he was who I'd been cheering for, and makes up for the disappointment of Kruiswijk's crash-out in pink so near the end last year.

A storming race from the Blockhaus on, right down to the wire.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Loved the bit of him at the end, staring at the monitor with a puzzled look, watching Quintana, they'd put a countdown clock on screen of how long Quintana had to finish in to win but there was no distance left displayed. Dumoulin seemed to be studying the screen and trying to remember where on the course it was, until Quintana passed the 1km banner with a minute left to win.

Pity Adam Yates lost the white jersey though, I think he would have had it without the police bike crash.