Goodbye then .. Chris Froome

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
mjr

Re: Goodbye then .. Chris Froome

Post by mjr »

Mark my words: I bet they'll claim it was some ignorant staffer ordering them on their account for other reasons.

So we've had lost records, strange medical couriering and now ordering banned meds... at what point does the team licence get called into question? I remember that the UCI tried to pull a WorldTour licence and had to back down.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
roger

Post by roger »

As I read the Mail's article, The product had not been ordered, and Sky seem to have sorted it out to the Mail's satisfaction who may have managed to cover this by their use of " we are on a roll" headlines.

How many of the critics are aware that the NHS have withdrawn one brand of asthma inhaler as it was delivering incorrect quantities of the product?
Wonder whose investigation found this out.

Does anyone know who in authority wrote the rules for these type of products and why?
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

The rules/limits for Sal will be changed after all of this and riders previously banned will potentially have a claim to have the record put straight.
Sense, logic and science will prevail.
I love the SKY haters, they are so entrenched they can't/won't even see that every athlete from every nation is pushing to the limits all the time, aren't always 100% perfect on keeping records for every single thing even when they are not required to.
And as announced last week by a certain Russian whistleblower some UK athletes have gone well beyond the accepted limits in athletics. They won't be named because they are protected athletes and there are some sports and indeed nations that are protected, money talks.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

The utility cyclist wrote:The rules/limits for Sal will be changed after all of this and riders previously banned will potentially have a claim to have the record put straight.
I love the SKY haters

+1
I love mysteries, fairy tales, legends, plain brown packages
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

mjr wrote:Mark my words: I bet they'll claim it was some ignorant staffer ordering them on their account for other reasons.

So we've had lost records, strange medical couriering and now ordering banned meds... at what point does the team licence get called into question? I remember that the UCI tried to pull a WorldTour licence and had to back down.

oh remeber if Sky had not pulled out of the MPCC then Froome would now be suspended and Sky would be in trouble. However the fan boys will continue to believe in unicorns and fairies because that i the image Sky have set, not lest think who asked the question 'Do you believe in miracles ?' hmmm
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

The utility cyclist wrote:The rules/limits for Sal will be changed after all of this and riders previously banned will potentially have a claim to have the record put straight.
I love the SKY haters, they are so entrenched they can't/won't even see that every athlete from every nation is pushing to the limits all the time, aren't always 100% perfect on keeping records for every single thing even when they are not required to.
And as announced last week by a certain Russian whistleblower some UK athletes have gone well beyond the accepted limits in athletics. They won't be named because they are protected athletes and there are some sports and indeed nations that are protected, money talks.

Actually mate I call out athletics as week, Mo, Bolt and Radcliffe being obvious cases for different reasons, check out Dr Mueller ...

Actually mate I call out football, Man City recently has a paltry 50K fine for not filling out whereabouts form correctly and empty a known doper as manager and connected to Fuentes when at Barca. Just recently West Ham also got charged for the same failure of the whereabouts rules.

Finally I call out UKAD and any frug agency as being deeply complicit if not corrupt in cover ups. UKAD's main responsibility seems to have as a few positives as possible and protect the 'image of sport'

Unlike some I am consistent, I no, I do not believe in miracles or sudden transformations when people are mid 20's
mjr

Post by mjr »

ianrobo wrote:oh remeber if Sky had not pulled out of the MPCC then[...]

Sky have not pulled out of the MPCC. They never joined it!

Sky have been consistently critical of MPCC teams trying to position themselves as whiter than white and said that if the MPCC rules have merit then the UCI should apply them to everyone... which with the shenanigans at LottoNL-Jumbo and Lampre-Merida, who withdrew rather than stick to its rules, you have to say it's arguable.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

apologies I thought they left but of course going an organisation that bans injections would have been rather tricky knowing what we know now.

But Monday is key the DCMS report is out and I suspect it could be very difficult for sky to argue they are clean after that.
mjr

Post by mjr »

I'll be surprised if the DCMS report doesn't contain lots of Whitehall fudge. After all, how much have British Cycling had from government since the Conservatives took power in 2010?
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

mjr wrote:I'll be surprised if the DCMS report doesn't contain lots of Whitehall fudge. After all, how much have British Cycling had from government since the Conservatives took power in 2010?

a lot but I am not so sure, it has been delayed for 4-6 months now so personally I believe that was because they had to ensure the facts and equally sure the latest revelation about massive deliveries of T is not a coincidence ...
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Sky’s response to DCMS report
https://www.teamsky.com/article/team-sk ... ort-report
I sincerely hope they are right and that there is no evidence.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

Paulatic wrote:Sky’s response to DCMS report

Why do you hope that ? The evidence is clear and Sky know this and this should be the end for this doping organisation on the scale of Festina, Discovery etc and yes they have had positives ..... so even the Lance defence does not hold here.

Oh MJR said this would be a typical Whitehall fudge and for nice quite the opposite !
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

ianrobo wrote:
Paulatic wrote:Sky’s response to DCMS report

Why do you hope that ? The evidence is clear and Sky know this and this should be the end for this doping organisation on the scale of Festina, Discovery etc and yes they have had positives ..... so even the Lance defence does not hold here.

Oh MJR said this would be a typical Whitehall fudge and for nice quite the opposite !

I was thinking along the lines of a close passed cyclist who reports a liveried driver to the company. He tells them the incident but doesn’t reveal he has camera footage until they refute it. If there is now concrete evidence put on the plate then Sky, following that statement, have nowhere to run.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

And in the least surprising story of the decade.....cyclists (and the great majority of other professional (the clue is in that word) sports folk) take enhancing drugs. And apparently increasingly so do amateurs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply naïve.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

djnotts wrote:And in the least surprising story of the decade.....cyclists (and the great majority of other professional (the clue is in that word) sports folk) take enhancing drugs. And apparently increasingly so do amateurs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply naïve.

Ain't that the truth.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden