Goodbye then .. Bradley Wiggins

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
hufty

Goodbye then .. Bradley Wiggins

Post by hufty »

So goodbye then
Bradley Wiggins.
Helmet nazi,
Skoda driver.
Driven by something different:
Triamcinolone.

I know it's all old news, but it's time for a change - "Goodbye then Chris Froome" has been the top thread on this section of the forum for ages now :P
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
softlips

Re: Goodbye then .. Bradley Wiggins

Post by softlips »

No one seems to be mentioning Mo Farah, who apparently did the same as Wiggins.

It’s a bit rich for MPs to lambast a sportsman for not technically braking the rules but exploiting them to the nth degree when they did (and do) the same with their expenses.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

hufty wrote:So goodbye then
Bradley Wiggins.
Helmet nazi,
Skoda driver.
Driven by something different:
Triamcinolone.

:lol: Private Eye rules ....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Cyclist with medical condition, has medicine prescribed to him to treat that condition, with the full knowledge of the governing bodies. I'm not really sure why this is a story. A lot of the story also seems to stem from a leak of confidential medical records by hackers, which still doesn't make much of a story, especially unless everyone else's records were leaked too to show whether there was anything particularly unique about the situation.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

softlips wrote:No one seems to be mentioning Mo Farah, who apparently did the same as Wiggins.

It’s a bit rich for MPs to lambast a sportsman for not technically braking the rules but exploiting them to the nth degree when they did (and do) the same with their expenses.

If we had a like button
NUKe

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Years ago they were all amateurs............if you want to compete with the pro's then its bound to be sailing close to the wind.

At least Wiggo gave an account (even if it was guarded) once he knew what he was meant to be guilty of................some of the others would Run a mile..........or more..............

I think the main point is that its unethical................but so are the MP's if we remember the fiddle.

Some one said that if you needed the drug you would not be cycling let alone racing........................
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

softlips wrote:No one seems to be mentioning Mo Farah, who apparently did the same as Wiggins.

Very noticeable Mo Farah not mentioned in the news. I wonder why?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
hufty

Post by hufty »

Postboxer wrote:Cyclist with medical condition, has medicine prescribed to him to treat that condition, with the full knowledge of the governing bodies. I'm not really sure why this is a story. A lot of the story also seems to stem from a leak of confidential medical records by hackers, which still doesn't make much of a story, especially unless everyone else's records were leaked too to show whether there was anything particularly unique about the situation.

Doctors of cyclist with medical condition chose a drug not normally used out of hospital which happily gives a performance enhancing boost. If only there were other asthma drugs available that don't suddenly make it easier to ride faster. The other things about this story are how the team dog ate all Wiggins' medical records, and of course the whole thing about that package of non-prescription medicine that was couriered by some bizarre route and method from the UK to France even though there are pharmacies in France.
That's why it's a story.

[EDIT: minor corrections for grammar]
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
mjr

Post by mjr »

Paulatic wrote:

Very noticeable Mo Farah not mentioned in the news. I wonder why?

Mo Farah was mentioned on BBC news yesterday morning. I guess he's not giving interviews and hoping Wiggins and sky keep making news.

Wiggins interview from last night's ten o'clock news http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/4329 ... ws_central
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

NUKe wrote:

If we had a like button

+1
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mjr

Post by mjr »

I assume you're referring to Damian Collins's rent claim, which didn't break the rules but crossed an ethical line.

You could also question whether Julian Knight's book on how to reduce inheritance tax payments is ethical.

Or whether Rebecca Pow was ethical to claim people in Taunton had thousands of pounds in their pockets.

Or whether it's right that a Fair Fuel UK anti fossil fuel tax activist sits on the committee.

None of them have been found to have broken any rules.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

'Sir' Bradley, if you please :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Cyril Haearn wrote:'Sir' Bradley, if you please :wink:
'Sir' Mo, come to that :wink: