Giro d'Italia

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
reohn2

Re: Giro d'Italia

Post by reohn2 »

Great stage.
Great,scenery.
Great finish.
:) :) :)

Hugh Carthy has great things ahead of him if today is anything to go by :)

Yates,what can you say other than "keep it up lad,you're going great" :D And the the team performed well today.

Froome won't recover from injuries sustained IMO,not in this year's Giro anyway.
Last edited by reohn2 on 13 May 2018, 6:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:
P.S. - I predict that Yates will loose GC by 30 - 60 seconds, today.

Perhaps not... :wink:
I'm feeling spoiled. It's a great race so far, I'd be happy for any of the current podium placings to take it (I like the riders and their teams).

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Cough..................... :oops:

Well done yates, I think more froomey's lack of performance made it look good, but we will see, too early to be sure.
Yates looked cool as he went for it, no one else could match him today, stage win.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Starting to look as if Chaves not going to be in a position to "take back team leadership" in last week. Burden must remain with Yates. And his history is on his side in terms of predecessors....."On 28 April 2016, Simon Yates returned an adverse analytical finding for Terbutaline. Yates had been prescribed the drug to treat asthma, but a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) request had not been filed." Damned TUEs eh?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

djnotts wrote:Starting to look as if Chaves not going to be in a position to "take back team leadership" in last week. Burden must remain with Yates. And his history is on his side in terms of predecessors....."On 28 April 2016, Simon Yates returned an adverse analytical finding for Terbutaline. Yates had been prescribed the drug to treat asthma, but a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) request had not been filed." Damned TUEs eh?

Hmmm.....
Pro athletes eh?
There's a lot of asthma in the pro peloton.......
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

A memorable performance by Yates today - worthy of a GC winner if he gets to the end. Let's hope "memorable" for the right reasons.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

djnotts wrote:A memorable performance by Yates today - worthy of a GC winner if he gets to the end. Let's hope "memorable" for the right reasons.

He might of won today’s race but on today’s viewing maybe Dumoulin will be the overall winner?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Yates is looking good, (I will get my coat) Froomey "Its good to see another brit leading"..................yates and doumolin, cracking finale :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

I'm not yet predicting a win - long way to go - more that IF wins GC yesterday's stage will counter any "yeah but Froome off form and Chaves blew it..." faint praising talk.
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

djnotts wrote:I'm not yet predicting a win - long way to go - more that IF wins GC yesterday's stage will counter any "yeah but Froome off form and Chaves blew it..." faint praising talk.

You always see this from some element of the "fans". If someone does something amazing "obviously" they're on dope is another aspect of it.

Reality, however, is there ain't no such thing as an "easy" Maglia Rosa, and the winner will have earned it the hard, 3 week way.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

pjclinch wrote:Reality, however, is there ain't no such thing as an "easy" Maglia Rosa, and the winner will have earned it the hard, 3 week way.

any by doping or does Yates get a free pass because he is a Brit, oh sorry his doctor 'forgot' to apply for a TUE, innocent mistake. Note if we believe Velon's power figures, on a 1KM stretch he did less WATTS than Poz but was 1.5kph faster, but some will believe it was because he was more aero (though most people recognise he is heavier !)

Does not figure does it ?
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

ianrobo wrote:[. Note if we believe Velon's power figures, on a 1KM stretch he did less WATTS than Poz but was 1.5kph faster, but some will believe it was because he was more aero (though most people recognise he is heavier !)

Does not figure does it ?

Do all power meters give exactly the same readings?
I’ve no experience with one but I doubt it.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
mjr

Post by mjr »

Paulatic wrote:Do all power meters give exactly the same readings?

They're also on different bikes (both on manufacturer-sponsored teams and I think Scott are usually regarded as more aggressive racing bikes than Merida, aren't they?) with probably different tyres. Many variables.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

mjr wrote:
Paulatic wrote:Do all power meters give exactly the same readings?

They're also on different bikes (both on manufacturer-sponsored teams and I think Scott are usually regarded as more aggressive racing bikes than Merida, aren't they?) with probably different tyres. Many variables.

of course many variables and no one would pretend otherwise but watching that finish Yates was barely out of breath and the others were struggling, does anyone think it was TOO easy .... remeber he should have at least one more stage win thanks to letting Chaves win when he had him easy, this is total domination bar the TT
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

I doubt very much that power meters will all read the same, especially between different makes.
Other factors will be the weight of the rider, aero resistance. (and maybe cadence. :roll: )
You'll never know if you don't try it.