Transgender woman wins cycling championship

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Vorpal

Re: Transgender woman wins cycling championship

Postby Vorpal » 21 Jun 2019, 11:43am

When someone calls another person a cheat and tells them that they may not participate in a sport because of their gender, I can completely understand how they feel hated. I would.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

landsurfer

Postby landsurfer » 21 Jun 2019, 1:57pm

Vorpal wrote:When someone calls another person a cheat and tells them that they may not participate in a sport because of their gender, I can completely understand how they feel hated. I would.

Surely disappointed, upset, confused ..... but hated ..... i do wonder if many people understand what hatred actually is .... or is the culture of the Victim so entrenched these days that there are no greys .. just love - hate and no middle ground ..... and at no time has anyone been forbidden or told they may not participate in any sport because of their gender ..... name them please ..." forbidden from participation in a sport " who are they.
It's not about the bike .. It's about the journey .....
The Road Goes On Forever ........................

thelawnet

Postby thelawnet » 27 Aug 2019, 7:46pm

cyclemad wrote:ladies and Gents.

I appreciate that we all have varying views on this subject and for most the term 'free speech'' is used. However this is a publicly accessible forum and as such it is open t everyone , be it supporters or those against transgender people and their rights etc.

All our comments as such may be subject to public scrutiny and checks by not only the forum admins but also by the authourities and although some may disagree with ''big brother'' policing the internet it is a fact of life nowadays.

So please take time to reflect on the contents of posts as you may be subject to investigation which may then result in a hate crime being recorded. Please read on further as you will you will note from below - A hate crime incident does not have to be directed against a specific individual etc. So ''general comments''. or ''I just wanted to point out'' can be construed as hate crime.

Speaking of hateful content....

The lovely er, 'lady', who won the cycling championship turns out to be rather hateful.

'She' is currently celebrating that a feminist is dying of late-stage brain cancer. 'She' is happy about this fact because it's not the done thing, apparently, to disagree that big hefty blokes can become women.

https://medium.com/@drlouisejmoody/open ... 28cab5fc86

Incidentally, I wonder if it would be a hate crime to spot the odd-woman-out in this photo:

thelawnet

Postby thelawnet » 14 Sep 2019, 8:09am

Said woman died of brain cancer yesterday, aged 36, so McKinnon decided to post a cartoon of someone 'dancing on a grave'.

This was not the best timing for Strava, which had for some reason decided to post a fawning video profile of McKinnon a couple of days before.

https://twitter.com/Strava/status/1171543916312768512

Strava said 'she faces harassment just for pinning on a number.'

which is quite the take, really, for someone celebrating people dying of brain cancer.

Quite a lot of people are not impressed with Strava; how many of them are paying customers is not clear.