Transgender woman wins cycling championship

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
thelawnet

Re: Transgender woman wins cycling championship

Post by thelawnet »

Postboxer wrote:Would someone be allowed to compete if they took testosterone for years then stopped a year ago? Just remembered this is going on at the moment -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/45880309

That's slightly different in that Semenya most likely has a genetic disorder resulting in female genitals but internal testicles producing testosterone, and raised as female due to appearance of genitals at birth, despite most likely having XY chromosomes.

As I understand it if you are transmale you CAN take testosterone legally, however transmale individuals will never be competitive against men, because the effects of testosterone in adulthood applied to a biological female can never equal the cumulative natural effects of testosterone from male puberty and throughout adulthood.

Certainly however much they doped the Eastern Europeans in the 80s, they never got close to male levels.

I think a new term is needed for LGBTQ as it keeps getting longer. Too long already, what if more letters are added?

Oh they've made it longer already, there are various versions, such as LGBTQIA (I = intersex, A = asexual), LGBQTIAK+ (K for 'kink', such as wearing nappies or what not).
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Bez wrote:
landsurfer wrote:I wonder if the lack of comment on this post is down to the web of fear that exists around anyone challenging anything to do with the LGBTQ "community".

Maybe it's simply down to a lot of people being pretty relaxed about this sort of thing and not thinking there's actually much to comment on.

Or just not understanding enough about the issue. I place myself in this category, not knowing enough to be able to contribute anything useful.

Ian
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Thats good Ian.
The whole issue brought us no pleasure ... we went through a time with John becoming Katy becoming John.
And Jules having a breakdown, the loss of her beautiful boy was too much for her.
Katy was no replacement.
Katy spent a weekend with her long time friends Sarah and Katie and at the end of which she realised that he would always be a male .....
So he came home on the Monday .. asking for some male clothes .. he had non ... Primark was a good start .... Then he met Zac .. and he returned to happiness .......and has been there for 11 years ....
He and his mum just cuddle and cry occasionally ...... Shared experience ... negative but real.
As usual i was there to support all of the family .... "It's just like that, it's just the way it is " ... RUN DMC ...
I kept my tears to myself..
Last edited by landsurfer on 17 Oct 2018, 9:59pm, edited 4 times in total.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

There is a lot about this in the media but it is very rare
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

Cyril Haearn wrote:There is a lot about this in the media but it is very rare

what is?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

thelawnet wrote:

what is?

Transgender
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
thelawnet wrote:

what is?

Transgender

Which is why I find it being used to denigrate woman rights so annoying.
That a transwoman thinks they have the right to wander into ladies toilets or share changing rooms is unacceptable to all the GG's, straight and gay that i have met.
Last edited by landsurfer on 18 Oct 2018, 9:19am, edited 1 time in total.
Be more Mike.
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
thelawnet wrote:

what is?

Transgender

Hmm, well I think that the figure is estimated around 0.5%? So not that rare, that would be several hundred thousand people. And there is a big move to encourage children to identify as transgender, so the figures may grow in future.
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

Also the Labour party has just instructed supporters to fill in a consultation to change the law so that anybody can declare themselves female (or male, but that presents no sporting fairness issues) with no questions asked.

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1052524553879113728

So this will become a bigger issue.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

thelawnet wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:
thelawnet wrote:
what is?

Transgender

And there is a big move to encourage children to identify as transgender, so the figures may grow in future.

And we should ask who is doing this encouraging and why, what is their agenda, and is this another child abuse scandal in the making.
Be more Mike.
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

landsurfer wrote:
thelawnet wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Transgender

And there is a big move to encourage children to identify as transgender, so the figures may grow in future.

And we should ask who is doing this encouraging and why, what is their agenda, and is this another child abuse scandal in the making.

I believe there are various billionaires, pharmaceutical firms and so on behind it. It's very well-funded. https://medium.com/@sue.donym1984/inaut ... 8eb6aa1a4b

In the UK Stonewall (as in example) is essentially a quango, and gets millions from the government. The process of enforced continual change is one that is built-in to the system, since these organisations do not disband themselves but merely over time find new things to spend their money on. The extent to which LGBT people are oppressed in British society has diminished, but the amount of money being spent fighting oppression has increased, but the wheel never stops turning.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

thelawnet wrote:Also the Labour party has just instructed supporters to fill in a consultation to change the law so that anybody can declare themselves female (or male, but that presents no sporting fairness issues) with no questions asked.

Something that is not an issue in the first place can't become a bigger issue.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

thelawnet wrote:Hmm, well I think that the figure is estimated around 0.5%? So not that rare, that would be several hundred thousand people. And there is a big move to encourage children to identify as transgender, so the figures may grow in future.

Do you have some evidence for this? The other place I've encountered someone saying this (on mumsnet) had no evidence, and when I questioned her, she offered some wacky conspiracy theory about the Trans 'agenda'.

This is simply a recognition that not everyone fits the male/female binary. I think it's good that children are being taught this. If it results in more identifying as Trans, well, I hope that also means that fewer struggle through life feeling that something is wrong, and not ever knowing what it is, or worse, end up with mental and behvioural disorders, or commit suicide. Because that is what has happened to a disproportionate number of Trans people in the past.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

Vorpal wrote:
thelawnet wrote:Also the Labour party has just instructed supporters to fill in a consultation to change the law so that anybody can declare themselves female (or male, but that presents no sporting fairness issues) with no questions asked.

Something that is not an issue in the first place can't become a bigger issue.

Women & girls having to give up competitive sport because of physically stronger male-bodied individuals is certainly an issue.

https://www.ctpost.com/highschool/artic ... 228179.php

“Looking at the transgender athletes having so much success in the 100 and 200, we looked at it and said we needed to change what we were doing,” Morth told the Norwich Bulletin. “We needed to get out of those events. I had wanted Kalli’Ana to be a hurdler for while. She’s a great athlete.”

So the girl who had trained for several years as a sprinter had to give up and find a new sport because a second-rate male athlete had redeclared themselves as female.

" In the indoor season (Miller) ran as a boy, practiced, competed as a boy. And then decided to change gender to a girl for the outdoor season, which really put a toll on the girls who worked maybe four years and had it ripped away from them.”
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
If adults struggle to grasp the subject, then encouraging very young mentally undeveloped children to recognise / come out is fraught with dangers.

As has been pointed out by Landsurfer "U" turns (I am mentioning what you have said not criticising anyone for events), education OK but encouraged to fit a slot when its not really necessary, I.M.O. leads to being forced into making a choice / well I might have a look at that..............?
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.