Team Sky is now Team INEOS

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
mattheus

Re: Team Sky is now Team INEOS

Post by mattheus »

Psamathe wrote:Actually you can't " tree-huggers and eco-warriors in knots with their hypocrisy" at least not using the arguments you are presenting because it's far more complex. If somebody burns 5L of petrol travelling to an event and through their actions 5,000,000L of petrol goes unburnt then the net effect is less pollution despite your arguing they can't protest because of being hypocritical - they did and it had a net positive effect!

Ian

Well put!

[this argument of hypocrisy is old, creaky, and very Clarkson-esque - just a cheap attempt to undermine arguments that are clearly valid, and are clearly damaging Mr Toad's God-given right to do whatever he likes, and F***k anyone who is affected!]
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

100%JR wrote:Get down off your pedestal as you’re impressing no one but your own ego

Ooohhh the irony! :lol:
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Psamathe wrote: If somebody burns 5L of petrol travelling to an event and through their actions 5,000,000L of petrol goes unburnt then the net effect is less pollution despite your arguing they can't protest because of being hypocritical - they did and it had a net positive effect!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you,thank you,thank you!

You have there in one sentence proved my point :lol:

Hypocrisy in action there folks.Make it up as we go along and twist the result to suit our needs.
What a crock of s...........................
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

.... and black=white, 1+1=3 ...
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

100%JR wrote:
Psamathe wrote: If somebody burns 5L of petrol travelling to an event and through their actions 5,000,000L of petrol goes unburnt then the net effect is less pollution despite your arguing they can't protest because of being hypocritical - they did and it had a net positive effect!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you,thank you,thank you!

You have there in one sentence proved my point :lol:

Hypocrisy in action there folks.Make it up as we go along and twist the result to suit our needs.
What a crock of s...........................

I think you missed my point which was about the "hypocritical" being an inappropriate argument against protesting for environmental issues.

But I can no longer be bothered discussing it with you as you seem unable to appreciate the points being made and under your "ideal" climate change and pollution would all go un-checked ... (because nobody would be allowed to disagree because they'd all be being hypocrites ...).

Ian
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Bouleversement chez l'equipe de fracking! Frome fell off, broke his leg, so GT can win for Wales again
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Bouleversement chez l'equipe de fracking! Frome fell off, broke his leg, so GT can win for Wales again

The guy has a broken leg, broken elbow and a broken rib, that is an unbelievably crass post.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

He hit a wall at high speed. Still, look on the bright side, eh?
mjr

Post by mjr »

Bonefishblues wrote:He hit a wall at high speed. Still, look on the bright side, eh?

Blowing his nose at 60kph on a twitchy TT bike, said the TV. I suspect that every side was shiny bright after sliding down the road at that speed. :(
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

He was in intensive care overnight, I hear this morning.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Yes

Chris Froome: Team Ineos cyclist in intensive care after suffering serious injuries in crash
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/48617835

Best wishes to get well soon from me.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

thirdcrank wrote: ........Best wishes to get well soon from me.

And me.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

thirdcrank wrote:Best wishes to get well soon from me.

Yes, me n'all
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

It got rather more serious - he has a broken neck and will be in hospital for 6 weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/48646238

At 34, this is likely a career-ending injury, I suspect. I saw footage from his ride just before the crash when he was being advised to be careful whilst riding slowly along in front of the Team Car on the straight and level, simply putting his jacket on :?

ETA
Footage I referred to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4TLIE_qFHU
Last edited by Bonefishblues on 15 Jun 2019, 9:18am, edited 1 time in total.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

As it was during a training ride rather than a race, there's no footage of the crash, but one tv news programme - I can't remember which - had a vid of him "taken earlier" ie not the crash but the implications are there - of him riding no hands faffing with his jacket. I can well imagine that this will be the go-to library footage in future.