Roadside bounty from races

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
foxyrider

Roadside bounty from races

Post by foxyrider »

This weekend, up at the Worlds around 'arrygate, both me and my mate were lucky (?) enough to have had water bottles delivered to us by riders in the Junior & Elite Women's races. Nothing spectacular but nice reminders of the races for nowt. :D

So what has everyone else got from races? i'm not talking purloined race signage or handouts from race caravans but real bounty from riders/teams along the road. (on Sunday in Harrogate for example there were gloves, glasses and even race capes launched into the crowd 8) )
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Paulatic

Re: Roadside bounty from races

Post by Paulatic »

My best find was a musette bag complete with bars bottle and gels. It was in the verge about a mile further on from a feed zone in ToB. I still use the bag to this day when touring it’s useful to load with the shopping before the night stop.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

One earnestly hopes that all the stuff discarded by our sporting heroes is gathered by fans, or dustpersons :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
RickH

Post by RickH »

Cyril Haearn wrote:One earnestly hopes that all the stuff discarded by our sporting heroes is gathered by fans, or dustpersons :?

Races these days have a designated zone,usually either side of an official feed where riders are allowed to drop stuff so it can be cleared up by the organisers after they have passed through. There are fines for riders spotted dropping stuff elsewhere.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

RickH wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:One earnestly hopes that all the stuff discarded by our sporting heroes is gathered by fans, or dustpersons :?

Races these days have a designated zone,usually either side of an official feed where riders are allowed to drop stuff so it can be cleared up by the organisers after they have passed through. There are fines for riders spotted dropping stuff elsewhere.

Good in theory.

I have to say that when I've watched the TV coverage any 'bounty' has been thrown close to spectators.

As is the way of things though, some wrappers do get unintentionally pulled from pockets and lost to the wind - I've had this happen myself, it would be better if the foodstuff was wrapped more environmentally friendly - I did see one of the Italians unwrapping her foil wrapped jam sandwich! :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!