Track world championships

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
thatsnotmyname

Re: Track world championships

Post by thatsnotmyname »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:They have a former formula 1 aero technician on their team. He’s been working on their positions and kit. There’s a huge advantage to that. You expend 85 percent of your effort moving air out of the way. As per usual, some people at B.C. “didn’t see the benefit / point of going hard on the wind tunnel” and Team G.B. got mugged. The proof of the pudding is in the eating ( yet again ). These aren’t “marginal gains” they’re seconds.

Yeah, I'm sure the aero thing never occurred to BC. When I said before that you don't know what you're talking about, I thought you might button it. But instead you just double-down and prove it.. :roll:

And the 'former F1 aero technician' - I assume you're talking about Dan Bigham, who did a year's work placement with AMG as part of his degree course. You can read his bio on the wattshop website. Dan is undoubtedly a clever guy, but let's not ascribe some kind of mythical status to him. All of the serious national TP/IP squads will have aero testing and to suggest that BC 'don't see the benefit' really is the most appalling drivel, even by your standards.