Warning, Armstrong material!

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Mike Sales

Warning, Armstrong material!

Post by Mike Sales »

There is an interesting review in the Guardian today, of Lance, a new documentary.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/21/lance-armstrong-documentary-espn-doping-cycling-tour-de-france
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
simonineaston

Re: Warning, Armstrong material!

Post by simonineaston »

You can sum the whole topic up very easily, without any reference to the damaged individual that was [insert name of pro-athlete, eg Armstrong, Simpson (OJ /Tommy - take your pick...)].
All ambitious & competitive people will lie if they think they can get away with it. Few have the [inappropriate phrase removed] to admit to it. The very rare exceptions are naive fantasists who believe in playing fair and they never win...
There you go - just saved you a minimum of 4 hours. There will be no charge. :wink:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
ike2112

Post by ike2112 »

I already knew loads about the guy and what he did (to people - not just what was in his body; his destruction of people is why he deserves the life ban), but I made my wife watch this just so she could understand the level it was all at.
The docu barely scratched the surface of the Betsy Andreau stuff, and given he skirted around it on Oprah too, I'm wondering if that's one legal area that still may be open.

However what was most galling, and my wife picked up early on but by about 3 hours in 'he' was pretty much saying it himself.... he thinks he's a victim. He's belligerant in his criticism of Landis, yet praises most others.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Watched it this morning. It pretty much tells the whole story, warts and all. Armstrong himself is surprisingly forthcoming about what he did and why. It’s a bit sweary!
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com