2020 Tour de France

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Brucey

Re: 2020 Tour de France

Post by Brucey »

when they were first used on most (rim brake) production bikes, team mechanics would file LLs off. However UCI rules permit only standard (unmodified) commercially available equipment to be used. Accordingly LL's are no longer removed on pro bikes; removal isn't allowed and the bike will fail scrutineering if this modification is carried out.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Brucey wrote:when they were first used on most (rim brake) production bikes, team mechanics would file LLs off. However UCI rules permit only standard (unmodified) commercially available equipment to be used. Accordingly LL's are no longer removed on pro bikes; removal isn't allowed and the bike will fail scrutineering if this modification is carried out.

cheers

So unless you have a cam with a very large movement, it might be quicker to have wheel nuts :lol:
mjr

Post by mjr »

Nice of the peloton to use the cycleway ;-)
Attachments
tour de bike path
tour de bike path
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

Well, interesting for next year. The two Slovinaians again, presumably Ineos back to some sort of form and perhaps Frome back on song with a new team. Bring it on.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
Navara

Post by Navara »

iandriver wrote:Well, interesting for next year. The two Slovinaians again, presumably Ineos back to some sort of form and perhaps Frome back on song with a new team. Bring it on.

Ineos are reported to have signed Tom Pidcock.That could be very interesting.That lad really is a talent!
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Along with Matthew van de Pol let's not forget!

And it's only 9 months away!!

Let's hope Corona virus is history by then!!

Cheers James
mjr

Post by mjr »

Jamesh wrote:Along with Matthew van de Pol let's not forget!

Do you mean Mathieu Van der Poel? I think he's signed to Alpecin-Fenix until end of 2023.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Navara

Post by Navara »

mjr wrote:

Do you mean Mathieu Van der Poel? I think he's signed to Alpecin-Fenix until end of 2023.

Since when does signing a contract mean anything in sport :wink: :?:
mjr

Post by mjr »

Navara wrote:
mjr wrote:

Fracky Placky man can probably afford to buy him out of it, but there's no report that they have, is there? I think Jamesh might be confused.
Navara

Post by Navara »

mjr wrote:
Navara wrote:
mjr wrote:Do you mean Mathieu Van der Poel? I think he's signed to Alpecin-Fenix until end of 2023.

Fracky Placky man can probably afford to buy him out of it, but there's no report that they have, is there? I think Jamesh might be confused.

There's been no rumours from the usual suspects that I'm aware of.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

If you're after a cheap Bianchi with Dura Ace Di2, there's a yellow one for sale somewhere in Paris. :D

mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

I was looking forward to it in on way because there were no likely British riders which mean I could be a bit less partisan in my support :) Yates in yellow caused all sorts of loyalty issues as I was damn sure it wouldn't stick but wanted it to. Couldn't take to Roglic. No idea why so pleased with result.
Best format for years although would have been better with TT on final day. As it is there is always a no hope break, some relative no hoper of a French chap will have a go and the last 10 seconds will be interesting.
Interesting that 2 of 3 ITV team got it right.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

The brakes issue isn't far off being a non issue. With the need for lawyers lips there can bebless lever rotation with a through axle than a QR. Some guides on the caliper and axle hole on the fork and it will be close eniugh at the front. Rear brakes either need a release popping or the wheel does go in smoothly with rims. QR isn't an issue here but its damn close. One standards are real standards they will be less of an issue.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

I suppose with QR there is the option of swapping wheels with a teammate without the need for tools, otherwise they could use motor racing style guns to tighten up nuts, with the one on the other side locking against the frame somehow.

Ineos have announced

Laurens De Plus
Daniel Martinez
Tom Pidcock
Richie Porte

to complete their 2021 roster.