Tricheurs....cheaters...true or false .

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
oldun

Tricheurs....cheaters...true or false .

Post by oldun »

Just watched this on French T V and found this link on youtube.
Please watch it to the end .
I do not know what to think , but i do know that French investigative journalists do go the extra mile to find the truth .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0s2yo6ws9U
Audax67

Re: Tricheurs....cheaters...true or false .

Post by Audax67 »

I'm not really surprised. Well, the only thing I find surprising is that a Li-ion battery the size of that little rectangular thing (at 15:47) could supply power for long enough to be useful.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Norman H

Re: Tricheurs....cheaters...true or false .

Post by Norman H »

Mechanical doping has been a reality for some years now and the UCI have introduced measures to detect it. Given their track record at detecting more conventional doping, one might question how effective this has been.

As far as I'm aware Femke Van den Driessche is so far the most high profile proven case but there are numerous rumours surrounding members of the pro peloton. A google search for “mechanical doping” will bring up a number of on line videos of strange and suspicious events, some shot with infra red sensors. In particular rear wheels continuing to propel the back wheel with no input from the rider and “superhuman” breakaways.

Sadly cycling history has taught us that if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.