TT results 1979 - 1981

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Anthony.R.Brown

TT results 1979 - 1981

Post by Anthony.R.Brown »

Anthony.R.Brown My Quest For The Hour Cycling Record – Last Chance!

The reason I came onto this Forum was for some inspiration,and to try and find my TT ride results for the years 1979 – 1981 while I was riding in the Chelmer club.
So far I have not had much luck :( I have asked a few people if they might have the results in copies of Cycling that they have,and I have tried to find the results online from local newspaper cycling archives,and again no luck.

Anthony.R.Brown 08/03/2021

Former Chelmer CC
Last edited by Anthony.R.Brown on 14 Mar 2021, 8:35pm, edited 1 time in total.
thirdcrank

Re: Anthony.R.Brown My Quest For The Hour Cycling Record – Last Chance!

Post by thirdcrank »

Good luck with this but I'll suggest your best chance of getting the info you need is to edit your thread title to something making clear you need info about TT results 1979 - 1981 eg from the comic.

Quite a lot of the membership of the forum is older end and although it's CTC rather than RTTC, plenty have toured and tested. Anybody with copies of old mags may have kept them for a reason with no intention of selling, but they may dig them out if their eye is caught by a request for info.

Flooding the forum as you have may not attract the attention of your target.

Good luck with this.
fastpedaller

Re: TT results 1979 - 1981

Post by fastpedaller »

Anthony.R.Brown wrote:Anthony.R.Brown My Quest For The Hour Cycling Record – Last Chance!

This was when I got a real surprise at how fit I felt in a few months,and got me thinking again about TT’s and the Hour Record for older riders :)
After some research I found there were Hour Record categories for all different ages,and the one that got my interest was for the 55 – 59 age group,as today 08/03 I am now 59 (Last Chance!) :)
What is strange is the difference for this group and the next group,60 – 64 ? regarding the distance done for each Record.
For the 55 – 59 that is held by Kevin Metcalfe from the USA with a distance of 49.121 km,
then for the 60 – 64 group it’s Andrej Žavbi, Poland 45.732 km,which is a difference of 3.389 km ?
I don’t understand how there can be such a difference for one year ? I am sure when I am Sixty next year,I will feel the same as I do now,and I probably could do that ride,riding backwards! :)

The important thing here is that the body falls apart when you reach 60years old - said from experience :(
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I would suggest that you join the TT Forum that I linked to earlier - http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk. There is a prominent member on there who is a member of a Chelmer CC. His name is John Golder and he goes by the username of Nugget. He may well have access to some of the information you need.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
drossall

Post by drossall »

Quite a few result sheets have been posted recently in the Legends of the RTTC Facebook group. There's also an 80s cycling remembered group.

Definitely worth contacting clubs who may have organised the events.
Anthony.R.Brown

fastpedaller wrote:
Anthony.R.Brown wrote:Anthony.R.Brown My Quest For The Hour Cycling Record – Last Chance!

This was when I got a real surprise at how fit I felt in a few months,and got me thinking again about TT’s and the Hour Record for older riders :)
After some research I found there were Hour Record categories for all different ages,and the one that got my interest was for the 55 – 59 age group,as today 08/03 I am now 59 (Last Chance!) :)
What is strange is the difference for this group and the next group,60 – 64 ? regarding the distance done for each Record.
For the 55 – 59 that is held by Kevin Metcalfe from the USA with a distance of 49.121 km,
then for the 60 – 64 group it’s Andrej Žavbi, Poland 45.732 km,which is a difference of 3.389 km ?
I don’t understand how there can be such a difference for one year ? I am sure when I am Sixty next year,I will feel the same as I do now,and I probably could do that ride,riding backwards! :)

The important thing here is that the body falls apart when you reach 60years old - said from experience :(

Well I hope not all my body functions are at the moment the same as when I was 18 years old,guess I am just lucky! so my Girlfriend says :)
Anthony.R.Brown

drossall wrote:Quite a few result sheets have been posted recently in the Legends of the RTTC Facebook group. There's also an 80s cycling remembered group.

Definitely worth contacting clubs who may have organised the events.

Cool I will take a look at those :)