Paris Nice

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Mike Sales

Paris Nice

Post by Mike Sales »

Amazing bouleversement going on in the race. Roglic is losing it!
ITV 4.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
rjb

Re: Paris Nice

Post by rjb »

Just watched it on catch up - who would have thought it would have ended in this dramatic fashion. Roglic has upset a few riders in this race so far and they all exacted there revenge today. :roll:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
mjr

Post by mjr »

I certainly didn't expect that ending. According to interviews, Jumbo didn't wait when Bora leader Schachmann (2nd at stage start) punctured, so Bora didn't wait the second time Jumbo's leader Roglič crashed. Not so much to do with Roglič's iffy scalping of Team Torture's young rider yesterday as some first thought, but his post race "no gifts" interview probably didn't help.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
millimole

Post by millimole »

I'd guess that if Roglic hadn't behaved quite the way he did - particularly at the interview - on the previous day, there would have been more effort to neutralise the race when he crashed the second time.
As it is, a message has been sent out saying that there is still room for gentlemen in professional cycling.

Whether or not my analysis is anywhere near the mark, it was still a fine few days racing.
Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

I much prefer this type of racing anyway,it makes a race much more exciting from a spectator point of view IMO.Roglic trying to catch up in the last 30 or so km made for good viewing!
Maybe a bit more diplomacy in the interviews next time.He'll learn from this lesson.
Pendodave

Post by Pendodave »

Fascinating last stage, but extraordinarily frustrating coverage.
The eurosport prog started after the first roglic incident, but there was no retrospective coverage of it at all.
As for the second incident, it happened while they were live, but again there was no video of him coming off the back, and only speculation about what might have happened.
Not sure if other coverage was better? Although I'm sure it's all from a central provider.
Wasn't even covered particularly well in the highlights prog.
On the upside, the start of the season has been great.