Giro D'italia

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Giro D'italia

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

I'm expecting to develop some varicose veins after having some grim DVT this year. I wonder if I'll be able to claim that I'm as tough as Dan Martin because of them
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi, :P
Attachments
0ABE3EAF-EB75-41B8-A816-550E73687DAA.jpeg
Norman H

Post by Norman H »

This year's Giro started yesterday, highlights on Quest at 7pm or live coverage on S4C.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Great ride by Yates!! Chapeau!!
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 31 May 2021, 10:03pm Hi, :P
not pretty
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Fantastic finish today.
Otherwise not much action for the most of the day.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Just found it and managed to see stage 3.

Is it me or was the lip sync out..........................with the video or was it just the riders interviews?
rjb

Post by rjb »

The sound was out of sync. But did anyone notice the high standard of cycle paths, running beside the road. The UK could learn a lot from Hungary. There was a fleeting glimpse of what looked like a ferry crossing on a huge lake. Anyone have any information on this. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

rjb wrote: 9 May 2022, 7:23am But did anyone notice the high standard of cycle paths, running beside the road. The UK could learn a lot from Hungary.
It looked great ... until they reached a side-road, and then it looked like bikes would waste a lot of time at the junction.
Pretty though, and nice if you're just pootling between villages.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

rjb wrote: 9 May 2022, 7:23amThere was a fleeting glimpse of what looked like a ferry crossing on a huge lake. Anyone have any information on this.
Sounds like Lake Balaton. Big, shallow, and lots of people on holiday.

I like the area, but I've never cycled there.

Jonathan
mjr

Post by mjr »

mattheus wrote: 9 May 2022, 8:10am
rjb wrote: 9 May 2022, 7:23am But did anyone notice the high standard of cycle paths, running beside the road. The UK could learn a lot from Hungary.
It looked great ... until they reached a side-road, and then it looked like bikes would waste a lot of time at the junction.
How would it waste much time? They looked pretty ordinary to me. Although the priorities painted seem wrong, Hungary is a "presumed liability" country like most of Europe, and corners look tight enough to slow most motorists:
Attachments
Junction near Lake Balaton
Junction near Lake Balaton
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

mjr wrote: 11 May 2022, 10:52am
How would it waste much time? They looked pretty ordinary to me. Although the priorities painted seem wrong,
Because it looked like riders would have to stop and Give Way, whereas on the main carriage-way they would not. Also the path weaved around (through some trees?) approaching the junctions, which again would slow you down.

It didn't look anything like the junction you've cited above - but the TV Helithopter may not have given me the best of views,
mjr

Post by mjr »

mattheus wrote: 11 May 2022, 11:36am
mjr wrote: 11 May 2022, 10:52am
How would it waste much time? They looked pretty ordinary to me. Although the priorities painted seem wrong,
Because it looked like riders would have to stop and Give Way, whereas on the main carriage-way they would not. Also the path weaved around (through some trees?) approaching the junctions, which again would slow you down.

It didn't look anything like the junction you've cited above - but the TV Helithopter may not have given me the best of views,
Give Way and Stop are different things: which was it?

There's probably some old crap on the route, too. Google coverage appears to be limited and I've not checked where the race went... but I didn't spot anything nearly as bad as UK average on TV live and I've watched Sunday's highlights, so they'll have been deleted to free space by now so I can't easily check.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

mjr wrote: 11 May 2022, 11:48am ...
and I've watched Sunday's highlights, so they'll have been deleted to free space by now so I can't easily check.
Oh what a shame! Luckily my recollection is perfect, so I suggest you take my word for it, and save yourself a lot of angst. :)

(even if it was just one junction ... )