Vuelta 2021

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
foxyrider

Vuelta 2021

Post by foxyrider »

maybe it'll get more interesting after the weekend! :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Postboxer

Re: Vuelta 2021

Post by Postboxer »

The highlights on Quest would have been better had they actually been on yesterday, unless they were on at a different time, my recorder didn't get them but there was a message on the screen apologising for the change to the schedule. Also, today they spent a few minutes discussing an upcoming intermediate sprint before an advert break, only to then come back after it had happened.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Excellent finish today. :D
You'll never know if you don't try it.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I’ve given up watching the highlights on Quest and try and catch it live if I can. A much better experience, especially with no ads on the Eurosport Player. I quite like the post race analysis with Adam Blythe and Dan Lloyd today too.

Another excellent stage today with a mountain top finish and a surprise winner, without giving too much away.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Yesterday = heartbrake.
Today = elation. :P
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Well there lots of crashes and (forgot his name :x 40 odd age. ) I thought missed the crash barrier and he went underneath it !
Got back on...................then retired.................

Roglic to win of course.

Valverde :)

"Now, Valverde is out of the race entirely with a broken collarbone.

With 42.5 km to goon Friday, as the road sloped downwards, Valverde hit a bump in the road and slid across the asphalt and over the side of a dirt drop. It was fortunate he was already on the ground and he missed hitting the metal barrier on the side of the road."

Looked like busted collar bone the way he fell.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Watched in the slow motion replay of Valverde coming off. He certainly hit some thing, (which may have been a stone off the rock face. ?) and apparently caused him to loose his grip on the bars. Sort of lucky there was a gap in the road barrier but this allowed him to drop a few feet down the hillside.
Is Roglic going to win? He's 1'35 minutes down as of todays stage 15. Presume he will easily make that up on the mountain stages coming up.
Debs

Post by Debs »

Yesterday Romain Bardet was the first rider over every climb to earn maximum KOM points, plus he won the stage
Today Rafal Majka was the first rider over every climb to earn maximum KOM points, plus he won the stage

It can't happen very often let alone two days running! :D
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Rog rides away from Bernal.

Impressive if predictable!

With rog and pog leading the world you wonder what they are doing different but I suppose we had froome and Wiggins etc.

Haven't seen much of Pidcock.

Cheers James
Ontherivet77

Post by Ontherivet77 »

I thought Roglic went pretty deep yesterday and that may have a knock on effect today. Although he looks to be in a unassailable position now. Good to see Bernal on the attack though as the racing as been pretty lack lustre up till now.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
The race has always been a good one on TV but of course the coverage on quest has been absolute rubbish.
No surprise in final result, And well done to Adam Yates even though he came fourth I thought that was a really good effort.
mjr

Post by mjr »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 7 Sep 2021, 10:50am No surprise in final result, And well done to Adam Yates even though he came fourth I thought that was a really good effort.
Yates was the strongest on his team. He could have been third if his team had told him to stop playing for the stage win on the last road stage or two and get a move on, but they would not do that because the injured Bernal was the blessed leader. Ineos and Movistar had defeated themselves and probably would have even if Jumbo hadn't won. :lol:
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Yes I'm not the only one to think he should've gone on on the penultimate day, Rodlic would've followed And possibly they would've been first and second, And maybe that team orders what Adam did.
Yates was left with just his fourth position to defend on the time trial.