AJ Bell tour.

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
hemo

AJ Bell tour.

Post by hemo »

The AJ Bell women's tour is on itv4 at 20.00hrs again tonight, so will have another watch tonight. After last night's crash towards the end of the stage tonight might be a little more sedate.
Did anyone else watching have the split second foresight which I had thinking this is going to end up in pile up as they exited the roundabout. The leading group on the RHS certainly overcooked the merging again.
Sadly the riding was a bit lack lustre and doesn't have the intensity of the men's cycling.
hemo

Re: AJ Bell tour.

Post by hemo »

The racing was better today though only 82 riders.
Tompsk

Post by Tompsk »

Bad crash on run in to the end of the final stage. From the tv coverage one rider cut right just in front of a traffic island, clipped something and took out about 10(?) other riders. Made worse as at some speed and looked like some of them ended up against a lamp post. Commentator 'hoped they were ok' but no info at the end of the highlights program, or on any reports I could find on line. Anyone know if any riders were seriously injured?
hemo

Post by hemo »

I watched the first 4 stages and was working so wasn't able to catch the other highlights.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Tompsk wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 8:45am Bad crash on run in to the end of the final stage. From the tv coverage one rider cut right just in front of a traffic island, clipped something and took out about 10(?) other riders. Made worse as at some speed and looked like some of them ended up against a lamp post. Commentator 'hoped they were ok' but no info at the end of the highlights program, or on any reports I could find on line. Anyone know if any riders were seriously injured?
That looked really nasty, but I don't anyone hit anything hard. Luckily.

Think it was Cordon-ragot, the French National Champion; riding straight down the middle of the road, she was initially aiming left of the traffic island (where the main bunch were), then at the last moment swerved right. Just clipped the padding, which threw her into the small group that were also passing on the right.
Bit of a blunder, but probably forgivable in the heat of the moment.