Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Lance is trying to get the ban lifted

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
From the interview I posted up.
He still wants to win not just help others.
Its still Armstrong to win if I have to help or raise money for good not just taking part.
"There has to be a winner in the seven blank years, not just another world war, and there isn't!" (world wars show no winner)
"There were seven winners in the blank years and their name ends with Armstrong"....................................

When he truly drops that then he can start a long journey...............

Oh :!:

He will find out in two weeks whether his ban will be shortened..........................really..............
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Ljaydee

Re: Lnace is trying to get the ban lifted

Post by Ljaydee »

nicmarsh wrote:move along , nothing to see here........

Could not agree more! I wish Cycling Weekly would do same.
julianm

Post by julianm »

If you hadn't quite made up your mind about whether he is a cheating lying *** this might help you decide - he`s been charged with hit & run & got his girlfriend to take the blame ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/31125348
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

andy65 wrote:Are we in danger of nominating Armstrong as the fall guy so that we don't have worry too much about who else is guilty? There are lots of rumours about other riders from the same era. I'm not going to risk a letter from the libel lawyers by repeating the names, but think about some of the riders who's suddenly pull off extraordinary performances that didn't match previous form. Some of these guys are still involved in the sport and in influential roles.

I find it curious how Tommy Simpson is considered a cycling icon and Armstrong the devil incarnate.
mjr

Post by mjr »

julianm wrote:If you hadn't quite made up your mind about whether he is a cheating lying *** this might help you decide - he`s been charged with hit & run & got his girlfriend to take the blame ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/31125348

Does anyone who knows the local laws there expect this to result in a driving ban for Lance, in addition to possible fine and jail?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
K_G

Post by K_G »

Almost feels sorry for him now. Almost....
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Conviction for 'hit and run' in Colorado results in an automatic ban. However, they also have plea bargaining, so he may cut a deal that results in him pleading guilty for one or more lesser charges, instead.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
K_G wrote:Almost feels sorry for him now. Almost....

That's subtle sarcasm or are you serious ? if you are go watch the interview and see the old Lnace, he only wants to win.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Driving ban or cycling ban?

The **** should get banned from any further mention in any media after his recent vehicular antics.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
GasPipeWarrior

Post by GasPipeWarrior »

[youtube]TNUwVcp5iUY[/youtube]
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

TonyR wrote:
I find it curious how Tommy Simpson is considered a cycling icon and Armstrong the devil incarnate.

An individual doping in the Simpson era and the mass bullying and doping of Armstrong are different battles in different wars ....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

landsurfer wrote:
TonyR wrote:

An individual doping in the Simpson era and the mass bullying and doping of Armstrong are different battles in different wars ....

According to Merckx Tom wasn't an habitual doper " I can say with my hand on my heart he was certainly not the drug injector or pill taker he is made out to be. Far from it. I remember several occasions when he warned young riders against using banned substances. On the Ventoux Tom was really the victim of his uncurbed ambition. He probably made a stupid mistake on the day"
They were team mates for two seasons so Eddie knew Tom quite well.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Colin Lewis was Toms room mate on the tour, We got onto the conversation one day in his shop, he does not say much, probably a shock as he was in bed when he was woke to be told the news.

Colin still rides and involved in local cycling..................he don't like it much when you overtake him :? :lol: I did once recently, right on my tail :)
pwa

Post by pwa »

pete75 wrote:
landsurfer wrote:
TonyR wrote:

According to Merckx Tom wasn't an habitual doper " I can say with my hand on my heart he was certainly not the drug injector or pill taker he is made out to be. Far from it. I remember several occasions when he warned young riders against using banned substances. On the Ventoux Tom was really the victim of his uncurbed ambition. He probably made a stupid mistake on the day"
They were team mates for two seasons so Eddie knew Tom quite well.

I would not excuse Simpson for his use of illegal substances, but he was a human being who made a bad choice and paid for it with his life. Armstrong would probably get a little bit of sympathy from me except for the fact that he is a bully who made other people's lives a misery. No sort of hero.