Chair's statement

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.
Psamathe

Re: Chair's statement

Post by Psamathe »

robgul wrote:
Psamathe wrote:
merseymouth wrote:...
The sadness for me is worsened by the fact that I have 4 years of a 5 year membership to go! You've had my money, now they're changing the product, with unpalatable ingredients....

Others in the same position have cancelled their membership and had a pro-rata refund. The advantage of that (apart from not paying for what you don't want) is that it makes the organisation aware f the dissatisfaction.

Ian

I wouldn't be so sure about that - I sent an email - got an email back asking for bank details - got the money. Zilch attempt at "customer retention"

Rob

I suppose then they really are not interested in "members" any more. Sad it has got quite so bad.

Ian
robgul

Post by robgul »

You also have the 10 - 1 formula

Happy with the service - you tell 1 person
Unhappy with the service - you tell 10 people (or more if it's Ryanair :twisted: )

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

robgul wrote:You also have the 10 - 1 formula

Happy with the service - you tell 1 person
Unhappy with the service - you tell 10 people (or more if it's Ryanair :twisted: )

Rob

I business we always loved people who complained. Because if you're [company] doing something wrong you often don't appreciate it so to be told gives you the opportunity to identify where you are failing. And what is so important is that for every 1 person who complains there are loads who say nothing and just quietly take their business elsewhere. Hence the great value of people who are prepared to complain and tell you why. Organisations that don't appreciate that show distinct lack of business experience (which these days is important even for charities).

Ian
kpg

Post by kpg »

I would have thought that a major change to the CTC should have been voted on by its members at the AGM. The way to get members and keep them is to make them feel they have some involvement in the happenings in the club. When the Board takes it into their own hands to make major changes it is time for them to go. Members should have been informed how much this rebranding will cost and whether they want their subscriptions to be used in this way. You have just lost one member.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

The suggestion that the poll should be avoided because of the £14,000 cost is interesting

Is it possible to find out what has been lost in the way of refunded subscriptions and failed renewals?