Communication with CTC Councillors

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.
gaz

Re: Communication with CTC Councillors

Post by gaz »

Barred1 wrote:No mention of "governance" - Mr Benstead's post that you quote has the figures from Brand Essence but the questions he lists (which he says are from December 2015) are not those that would, or even could, have produced the results described in the presentation ...

Philip's post talks about the governance survey, describes the questions as loaded, lists the survey results and then the survey questions.
Philip Benstead wrote:CTC MEMBERSHIP SURVEY
According to CTC CEO Through the rebrand process we engaged with over 2000 members, supporters, partners and local and national government departments across the UK.
That numbers come from the governance survey, it used loaded questions

I received these results from anonymous source

THE SURVEY RESULTS
These are the matters on which opinions are being sought.
...[questions from governance survey]...

If I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick feel free to say so, but that was the only end that Philip presented: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=78803&p=989708&#p989708
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Barred1

Post by Barred1 »

I thought I was clear in what I said - the survey numbers quoted are from the Brand Essence presentation made by Campfire (the basis and dates of which I described) and have nothing to do with any governance survey.

As far as sticks are concerned Mr Benstead had the Brand Essence numbers but was applying them to the wrong stick by referring to a "governance survey" and the very different questions, loaded or otherwise ... and you, not unreasonably given his post you quote, have grasped the same stick.

So you don't have the wrong end of the stick - you both have the wrong stick!

B1
Riding high!
gaz

Post by gaz »

Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding.

Edit - Although the following post confuses me further as regards the context for these figures :? .
Last edited by gaz on 27 Mar 2016, 10:09am, edited 1 time in total.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

gaz wrote:Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding.
sorry if I may have misslead in error. The figures in regard to branding came from s survey carried out in 2013 by forsrters the previous consultants. I do not have access to the full figures. My contention is the survey used very small number of respondents in the survey.. I shall supply the figures that I do have when I get back to Blighty, I am in the south of France montpellier at the moment. I am not trying to distort or hide anything. This entire subject is cloud in mystery due the way the information is presented even to council , unless you are on the executive you do not get the full picture
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

Btw please call me Philip or Philip Benstead not Mr Benstead it sounds so pompous I may have lot of faults I hope that is not one of them?
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic