On Twitter

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.
Psamathe

Re: On Twitter

Post by Psamathe »

Paulatic wrote:This made me smile maybe because I'm relieved it wasn't done with my sub money.
On the 14th of April we are told
The results shown after another day in the office are
"Donuts"

I've never understood Twitter. Are we all meant to hold our breath and gasp because Cukers have had a planning meeting and have had some donuts. Earth shattering news of great interest to the world? When people talk about how important things like Twitter are ... planning meeting with donuts ... wow.

Ian
weareCyclingUK

Post by weareCyclingUK »

Don't worry, nobody's subs were used to buy doughnuts, because we're not Cycling UK, we are We are Cycling UK - Positive about cycling in the UK. :wink:

And a "fun" tweet on a Friday afternoon is just as good as all the serious stuff; we all need to smile once in a while. :lol:
gaz

Post by gaz »

weareCyclingUK wrote:We are talking to Twitter about it, but we don't hold out much hope (based on previous experience).

Looks like you spoke too soon, Twitter rebrand to @WeAreCyclingUK seems complete.

@CTC_Cymru and @CTC_Scot still doing it old school. Perhaps they need more doughnuts :wink: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
weareCyclingUK

Post by weareCyclingUK »

^like
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

This weekend's 'Bespoked 2016' handmade bike show in Bristol was handing out copies of the 'Bespoked Times'. There was an article in there all about the CTC. Nowt about CUK. Possibly a pre-printed paper?

I was off to see/listen to some live music (Xavier Rudd) so I could only stick my head in. I'll go next year. It's on in Bristol 7-9 April 2017 if you are interested.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my iPad using hovercraft full of eels.