Negative Git!!

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.
honesty

Re: Negative Git!!

Post by honesty »

gaz wrote:There is no possible justification for the reply sent to Velocio by Oliver Foster.

No justification but probably an explanation. I would assume he meant to forward this to someone rather than reply and just hit the wrong button.
Si

Post by Si »

er, your quoting of my pm sounds a little like you think it was a negative thing - not so, I was only trying to get some sort of explanation for you from a source more likely to reply than the CEO..

Of course there are two sides to every story, but I can't see any justification for calling someone a 'git'.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

I think he was just providing a full disclosure of all communications he'd received Si. Your PM didn't come across as negative in any way. It was clearly an attempt to help.

Maybe one for gaz's encyclopaedic knowledge, but just out of interest, does the CTC have a formal complaints procedure? I think I'd go down that route if I'd received that sort of communication.
Last edited by Bicycler on 8 Apr 2016, 2:43pm, edited 1 time in total.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

I think this is quite serious and the case as presented should lead to disciplinary action. Perhaps it is prudent to lock the thread until any process occurs?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

geocycle wrote:I think this is quite serious and the case as presented should lead to disciplinary action. Perhaps it is prudent to lock the thread until any process occurs?

I would say more than "disciplinary action". In the company I use to (part) own it would have been "gross misconduct".

Even if it is internal correspondence (i.e. wrong button pressed and meant to go internally). Is this really how they think of people who don't agree with them ?

Ian
Velocio

Post by Velocio »

Si wrote:er, your quoting of my pm sounds a little like you think it was a negative thing - not so, I was only trying to get some sort of explanation for you from a source more likely to reply than the CEO..

Of course there are two sides to every story, but I can't see any justification for calling someone a 'git'.

...I'm just being totally transparent in this sordid affair ...Bicycler couldn't believe the response I received and seemed to be asking ...'surely you must have said more?' ...I'm afraid not ...and thanks for intervening with your colleagues on my behalf ...I did not find your message at all negative ...but felt it should be included here ...as it's been the only official response I've received from anybody yet ...thank you everyone who's been as shocked and amazed as I was
...ever cycle ...ever CTC
gaz

Post by gaz »

Bicycler wrote:Maybe one for gaz ... does the CTC have a formal complaints procedure?

Complaint procedure.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Velocio wrote:...and thanks for intervening with your colleagues on my behalf ...I did not find your message at all negative ...but felt it should be included here ...as it's been the only official response I've received from anybody yet ...thank you everyone who's been as shocked and amazed as I was

For information, moderators are volunteers. We are not Cycling UK staff, nor directly supervised by them.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Cycling UK Publicity

Post by Cycling UK Publicity »

I am writing to confirm that this issue is being investigated and appropriate action will be taken. This thread will be closed.

Cycling UK Publicity Team