The last straw

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.
Redded

The last straw

Post by Redded »

First the change from a club to a charity, now a new name. What has happened to my club?

As a cycling tourist, I am not at all interested in the charity. Now my club has changed names and has nothing to do with touring.
Well for me, it's the last straw!

I shall not be renewing my membership. There are other clubs out there. Personally, as I spend a lot of time in France, I'll go the FFCT (Federation Française de Cyclotourisme) route. Until they become a charity and change their name to Cyclisme France!

Adieu CyclingUK (CTC will be missed)

Redded
robgul

Re: The last straw

Post by robgul »

Redded wrote:First the change from a club to a charity, now a new name. What has happened to my club?

As a cycling tourist, I am not at all interested in the charity. Now my club has changed names and has nothing to do with touring.
Well for me, it's the last straw!

I shall not be renewing my membership. There are other clubs out there. Personally, as I spend a lot of time in France, I'll go the FFCT (Federation Française de Cyclotourisme) route. Until they become a charity and change their name to Cyclisme France!

Adieu CyclingUK (CTC will be missed)

Redded

The last straw in my thinking on CTC was harvested some time ago - indeed a sad day for cycle touring.

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
Psamathe

Re: The last straw

Post by Psamathe »

Redded wrote:...
I shall not be renewing my membership....

Many of those with similar feelings have left immediately rather than waiting for renewal. And reports on here from those leaving immediately are that they have got pro-rata refunds on their unused membership fee period (plus it makes sure National Office appreciate the strength of feeling and why you are doing what you are doing).

(For me it was the way they made their Technical Officer redundant that showed an incapability in management - which I felt indicated inadequate competence and I hate to say it but "I was right").

Ian