POLL OF THE WHOLE CLUB PLEASE TAKE PART YOUR VOTE IS IMPORTANT

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.
SA_SA_SA

Re: POLL OF THE WHOLE CLUB PLEASE TAKE PART YOUR VOTE IS IMPORTANT

Post by SA_SA_SA »

Si wrote:...vote in the charity conversion as it seemed that most were so disinterested that they were happy to let council take a lead....

That is a guess: they may have simply have been unable to decide when presented with two sides saying such completely opposite things (and who would have expected that in the CTC, politicians yes but the CTC?): how to verify which side was correct?

It was not helpful that the report saying a unified charity offered no advantage over the club and ancilliary charity(s) was suppressed along with the Charity commision discussion on the poll mechanism. I suspect if both those were available it would not have been good for the charity case side.....
------------You may not use this post in Cycle or other magazine ------ 8)
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

I have now voted-out- but expect the new brand to still carry due to apathy?
John
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Voted online, works well. I do like the fact that we now have this option, a step in the right direction.
Abu Milhem

Post by Abu Milhem »

I have voted to rescind the incredible Cukup and reinstate the CTC or Cyclist's Touring Club; I mind not which.
I look forward to the result.
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Voting details retrieved from the recycling bin and voted to overturn the rebrand. Very easy and quick to do on line.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Just voted to keep the rebrand and hope it contributes in a small way to CUK being a little more visible and higher impact, with more members.
Spider

Post by Spider »

BrianFox wrote:Just voted to keep the rebrand and hope it contributes in a small way to CUK being a little more visible and higher impact, with more members.

Ditto above
KPKP

Post by KPKP »

Why did my voting info get sent to my partner and not me? In this day and age women are not owned by their husbands!
Gjohnint

Post by Gjohnint »

Too late. Resigned in February. Reminder sent from them said nothing about what I would miss re cycling but I would lose the ability to support the charity. I joined way back as I was interested in cycling. I did not join to become a member of a charity to promote cycling not a government lobbying group.

We used to belong to a club supporting cyclists, with u dated lists of service agents,b&bs, cafes, maps and touring guides, technical support with a magazine which tested new products, allowed us to sell stuff etc. What do we get now? A crap magazine and the chance to support a cycling charity. I don't support charities. There is normally a bunch of parasites creaming money off the top leaving nothing for the good cause. Not sure CTC charity is even a good cause.

Why is it a charity anyway?

Anyway joined a club that's in support of cycling and offers same deals on insurance etc.

Sad loss after all these years but who runs this business. Certainly people who do not have any interest in members just their money
regoak

Post by regoak »

The URL provided for voting online was indeed incorrect. Therefore the CUK establishment has effectiveley disenfranchised those who would prefer to vote online. I think the whole thing should be re run. A session of excessive drinking in a brewery anyone!
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

FROM CTC HQ
Voting for/ against 'Cycling UK' on line
The voting details in your recent copy of 'Cycle' are in-correct. This link will take you to the correct page.
https://secure.ersvotes.com/V2-4-0/(S(4 ... B5te6BHLbd))/cyclingukpoll/en/login?bbp=-1&x=-1
You must have the Security Code shown on your voting paper.
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
RickH

Post by RickH »

regoak wrote:The URL provided for voting online was indeed incorrect. Therefore the CUK establishment has effectiveley disenfranchised those who would prefer to vote online. I think the whole thing should be re run. A session of excessive drinking in a brewery anyone!

The url that was on my voting form - http://www.ersvotes.com/cyclingukpoll - worked fine for me. The same url is in the "How to vote" bit on page 10 of Cycling. I notice the "www" is left off in the pink "Cast your vote" but that works OK too. Where is the incorrect url?

Rick.
Edit - I typed the url wrong! Doh!!
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

Philip Benstead wrote: This link will take you to the correct page...

No it won't.
You've got the correction of the incorrect address incorrect.
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

RickH wrote:
regoak wrote:The URL provided for voting online was indeed incorrect. Therefore the CUK establishment has effectiveley disenfranchised those who would prefer to vote online. I think the whole thing should be re run. A session of excessive drinking in a brewery anyone!

The url that was on my voting form - http://www.ersvotes.com/cyclingukpoll - worked fine for me. The same url is in the "How to vote" bit on page 10 of Cycling. I notice the "www" is left off in the pink "Cast your vote" but that works OK too. Where is the incorrect url?

Rick.
Edit - I typed the url wrong! Doh!!

I been given duff information i have just tried the above address and it works for me, sorrey
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
nigel_s

Post by nigel_s »

Strange fuss about nothing from previous posters.
Opened the magazine; saw the poll request; logged online using the url supplied; voted; job done.
The vote was IN, btw. Really, really do not understand why people are getting so worked up about either the poll or even the re-brand.
Perhaps they should go and start a new organisation if they feel so strongly about it.