'Refreshing the brand' . . . . . .

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.
mjr

Re: So - is 'refresh the brand'

Postby mjr » 22 Nov 2015, 5:58pm

Malcolm Smith wrote:IThe Eurostar back pedal thanks to members pressure was fantastic.

I think you'll find a lot of other groups besides CTC also applied pressure, both in the UK and abroad... but as always, you wouldn't know who from looking at CTC's coverage with its ugly Murdoch-press-mimicking "it was CTC wot won it" headline that only mentions "other cycling bodies" in its final paragraph. Is CTC just promoting itself, is it insulting other campaigners, or both?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

robgul

Postby robgul » 22 Nov 2015, 8:45pm

mjr wrote:
Malcolm Smith wrote:IThe Eurostar back pedal thanks to members pressure was fantastic.

I think you'll find a lot of other groups besides CTC also applied pressure, both in the UK and abroad... but as always, you wouldn't know who from looking at CTC's coverage with its ugly Murdoch-press-mimicking "it was CTC wot won it" headline that only mentions "other cycling bodies" in its final paragraph. Is CTC just promoting itself, is it insulting other campaigners, or both?

Inside information suggests that far greater powers than CTC were the REAL reason for the (apparent) climb down by Eurostar .... but it looks like the carriage of assembled bikes will dwindle as capacity changes so that it will be "phased out" rather than a sudden stop as was going to happen on1 November 2015.

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker

Philip Benstead

Postby Philip Benstead » 22 Nov 2015, 10:00pm

Malcolm Smith wrote:I can't wait for CTC to move into the 21st century. If you don't agree, don't renew your membership. Its a democracy ! Or are you just wanting the best cycle insurance cover? The Eurostar back pedal thanks to members pressure was fantastic. My friends were asking where was £70m pa Sustrans and £40m British Cycling. But little old CTC once again championed the real cycling agenda. Love 'em!
who are you? You just turn you are not a plant by CTC hq?
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclist in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic

gaz

Re: 'Refreshing the brand' . . . . . .

Postby gaz » 23 Nov 2015, 7:35pm

Such a warm and friendly welcome to a new member of the forum from a member of CTC Council :roll: .

I've never been to HQ, do they have an aspidistra called Malcolm Smith? :wink:
There'll be tarmac over, the white cliffs of Dover ...