Has anyone tried to find a job which will help boost fitness?

LondonCyclist22

Has anyone tried to find a job which will help boost fitness?

Post by LondonCyclist22 »

I'm interested to know if anyone here has looked for or is currently working in a job where the core role itself helps improve your fitness? Particularly in the London area!

Thanks,
Grace
NUKe

Re: Has anyone tried to find a job which will help boost fitness?

Post by NUKe »

Deliveroo ? personal trainer. post person Rickshaw drivers. To a lesser degree waiters walking tour guide. removals and deliveries . To name a few.
NUKe

Post by bigjim »

I've had plenty of those. Mostly low paid and early starts. Outside of work the last thing I wanted or needed to do is ride a bike for pleasure.
mines-a-pint

Post by mines-a-pint »

Before I started work at a plumbers merchant I used to go to the gym 4 times a week and run about 40 miles..now after work I'm too knackered..Fitbit reckons I average walking 7 miles a day plus there's a lot of lifting, items up to 70kg..don't mind though as it keeps me fit and there's no stress. Just hope I can carry on for a couple more years until retirement..

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

I can recall moving from near Kendal to Eskdale in the western Lake District to enable me to run in the hills more.I worked at the Bower House hotel as a kitchen porter,split shifts which allowed a 3-4hr window in the afternoon to run in the georgeous terrain,a fell runners dream;happy days.Here I am,40yrs later,just moved house again to Dalbeattie in S.W. Scotland,downsizing, but,importantly, also a fantastic area for biking,on and offroad,having given up running many years ago.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Bin man...

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Jardiniere extraordinaire.

But not in London anymore.