Blood Clot

foxyrider

Re: Blood Clot

Postby foxyrider » 1 Jul 2017, 8:47am

Just an update.

After 15 weeks i've been given the go ahead to start riding again :D

That's the good news, however as there has been no identifiable cause it looks like i'll be taking Rivaroxiban for the foreseeable future as a preventative measure. I could stop, the odds of a repeat however are @25%, the potential for a bleed due to the medication is 1-2% hence my decision to continue.

Whilst I can ride again the leg isn't back to pre incident condition, apart from complete loss of muscle tone there is a constant background level of mild pain/discomfort. This varies from sharp cramp like incidents to a dull ache - i'm hoping this will reduce when I get exercising again.

Support hose has been a mixed blessing during the last few weeks - some days seeming to make things worse rather than better but providing relief the next day!

The next bit of my recovery is getting back into regular riding and hopefully losing the fifteen kilos i've put on over the last three and a half months.

Fingers crossed that things are sorted for now!
Convention? what's that then?

Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 1 Jul 2017, 12:50pm

Foxy
Only just noticed this thread(I don't frequent in the health section much)sorry to read about your problems,it's an absolute BA if you cant ride and even worse with a problem such as you've experience.
I'm glad to read that at least you're back the bike again,it sounds as if the worst is over,I hope you make a full recovery.
All the Best :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

foxyrider

Postby foxyrider » 1 Jul 2017, 9:30pm

reohn2 wrote:Foxy
Only just noticed this thread(I don't frequent in the health section much)sorry to read about your problems,it's an absolute BA if you cant ride and even worse with a problem such as you've experience.
I'm glad to read that at least you're back the bike again,it sounds as if the worst is over,I hope you make a full recovery.
All the Best :)

Cheers

Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!

davyboy

Postby davyboy » 12 Oct 2017, 6:29pm

Having had one clot in the top of my leg then one in my lung both followed trauma to my body.Folowing a course of anti clotting drugs I have had no further problems.

foxyrider

Postby foxyrider » 15 Oct 2017, 8:00pm

davyboy wrote:Having had one clot in the top of my leg then one in my lung both followed trauma to my body.Folowing a course of anti clotting drugs I have had no further problems.

That's good to hear.

I'm still having some minor swelling issues although I've made good progress riding and reducing the ballast. (only 7kg to go to get to baseline!) :D