NHS Complaint or Alternatives (Very Unhappy With Consultant)

fastpedaller

Re: NHS Complaint or Alternatives (Very Unhappy With Consultant)

Post by fastpedaller »

I've sent the OP a pm.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Paulatic wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 8:47am
In my local weekly squeak recently a letter from an anonymous health professional of 20 yrs asking what have our GP's been doing the last 12 months? They seem difficult to get to see, they don’t ring back and nobody sees them anywhere. The letter writer felt they had been giving out 'holding the fort' type messages for too long and patients were becoming increasingly persistent in wanting to see an actual doctor.
They are certainly challenging times just now.
In January I 'phoned our GP's and (I think very fortunately) my call was quickly returned by one of the two the pro-active GP's in the practice.. I told him my symptoms, asked if he wanted to do a video call using my Wife's phone and he said "can you get here in 1/2 hour, we'd like to see you in person". Thirty minutes later I was diagnosed with shingles, and had medication (it's needed swiftly!) Best service I've had from the GP's in years - surgery not full of the 'cold -sufferers' who go every Thursday (market day) I kid ye not!
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

We got things sorted and have had hospital appointments - this has long been an issue prior to pandemic the standard deflection of treatment was a 21 day wait for an appointment.
The practices keep space and don't tell people, this is easily solved by saying your go to A&E tell them they are refusing treatment and make a written complaint to the top person Trust.

Like magic an appointment will appear, my daughter has had treatment. For a chronic foot issue, surgery and my partner has had a neck scan and follow-up consultation.

Wish you luck.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Both my wife and I have had prompt and excellent service this last year. I did an online consultation. Within a couple of hours I was in the doctor’s surgery. Two days and I was in the hospital having a consultation. Another two days I was having surgery.

My wife similarly without the surgery.
John
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

axel_knutt wrote: 9 Apr 2021, 3:20pm Welcome to my world.

The first thing you need to do above all else is stop listening to advice from people who’ve never made a complaint, and don’t know what they’re talking about.

You asked what to do: complain, or go along with their game playing. Well take your pick, heads you lose, tails they win.

I have six years of first hand experience of how the complaint system operates, including the traps that have been set up for you, which sources of information can be trusted, which ones can’t, and many contacts in the same boat, but I'm not inclined to waste hours typing it all on here if it's just going to be deleted by the mods.

The NHS are wonderful when they’re wonderful, but cross them, and they’ll do whatever it takes to systematically destroy you.

You’ll learn. The hard way.
And the more you’ve been taken in by all the doorstep clapping, the harder it will be.

They will win.
Told I had arthritis and after the medication making me ill for a disease I don't have, finally got a second opinion to be told the locum box ticking doctors at a prior hospital had got it completely wrong and no tests=guess work.

If your getting nowhere ask for a second opinion at another hospital.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

ClappedOut wrote: 5 May 2021, 11:42pm
axel_knutt wrote: 9 Apr 2021, 3:20pm Welcome to my world.

The first thing you need to do above all else is stop listening to advice from people who’ve never made a complaint, and don’t know what they’re talking about.

You asked what to do: complain, or go along with their game playing. Well take your pick, heads you lose, tails they win.

I have six years of first hand experience of how the complaint system operates, including the traps that have been set up for you, which sources of information can be trusted, which ones can’t, and many contacts in the same boat, but I'm not inclined to waste hours typing it all on here if it's just going to be deleted by the mods.

The NHS are wonderful when they’re wonderful, but cross them, and they’ll do whatever it takes to systematically destroy you.

You’ll learn. The hard way.
And the more you’ve been taken in by all the doorstep clapping, the harder it will be.

They will win.

Told I had arthritis and after the medication making me ill for a disease I don't have, finally got a second opinion to be told the locum box ticking doctors at a prior hospital had got it completely wrong and no tests=guess work.

If your getting nowhere ask for a second opinion at another hospital.

Pals were not good and all contact should be via email or letter as my experience of PALS they were not PALS of mine and tried everything to derail an issue.

My experience was a poorly funded hospital with poor ratings actually damaged my health, there was no point trying to complain as NHS had gold plated litigation protection.

I was admitted and thrown out of a hospital due to financial reasons, the same hospital made news for unsafe A&E that closed at night.

I was very lucky to move hospitals where there were same consultants week in and week out.

The problem with the NHS is problems get sweeped under the carpet.and care can be diabolical or Superb